Home Metal Detecting
Options

Has anyone ever found a

coinnut86coinnut86 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭
3 cent piece?

I haven't seen anyone post anything about finding one.

Just wondering image

Comments

• Options
    i never have, but i've seen a few dug. a guy i used to dig with found both the silver and copper-nickel varieties.

but i can say that i have dug a 2 cent piece. those are very hard coins to find out here.
  • Options
    I found these in a local park here where I live. It has been a long time ago now..(20years) They are VERY difficult to find, and the day I found these I was digging every target in the area I was hunting...

• Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    found some 2 cent ones under a parking lot where they were replacing light poles.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    I found a nickel 3 cent piece once. It read like foil.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still haven't found a two- or three-cent piece yet. Or a half cent.

Steve's not my only local hunting buddy who's found the silver ones. They do turn up, for some folks.

IHM, I think you're the only one I know of who'd dug a nickel one. Probably a lot of the ones out there get bypassed because of the low-grade signal they give. Was yours all corroded up when you found it?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    that '53 on the right is in pretty good shape
    Truth is Beauty
    Beauty truth,
    that is all ye know on earth
    and all ye need know