Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Clad Roosie guys look on ebay!

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
Pinevalleycoins has a very nice pair of 1997-P & D PCGS MS67FB's for sale. (2 diff lots)

Havn't seen these for sale in a looooooong time!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw them Paul, need them both. If they didn't have those bands I would be on them like white on rice!!!!!

Jon
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I need the 97-P as an upgrade for my 66FB.
    But then again, I have many upgrade needs, and so few upgrade dollars.
    I have bought several coins from pinevally, but they do tend start their auctions at or above the PCGS price guide.
    Makes it hard to get a bargain on a coin, and who dosen't like a bargain from time to time?
    Then again we all like to get top dollar for coins we sell. image
    Dan
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Those are not top dollar prices for those coins. They could possibly be the only examples that truely have current pcgs level FB ratings as well. It might take 600-1,000 fresh sets for that date to find one high grade full band coin. Now do you think it's over priced? They should be worth double the starting prices to pay sweat shop workers minimum wage!image
  • Options
    Well Mark I'm glad to hear you say that. I made the 11'th 97-D 67FB a couple months ago. It's nice to see that someone thinks that highly of them.
    I got tired of being outbid, so I decided to make my own..
    $27.00 for the coin.. $14.00 To PCGS .. total = $41.00 and two months later I had my coin.
    Oh.. the coin was in a NGC holder, cracked and crossed just fine.
    Now if I can just find an 83-D PCGS or NGC also a 1998-D with some nice bands. image
    Dan
  • Options
    Dan, you lucky @$#%^&!

I know the feeling about that though. I made 3 1998-d Roosey's in pcgs 68FB back a few years ago. I wish I had one now for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Dan, you lucky @$#%^&amp;!

I know the feeling about that though. I made 3 1998-d Roosey's in pcgs 68FB back a few years ago. I wish I had one now for you. >>

I believe that there are ONLY 3 of these, so you made all of them...well get to crackin' cause Dan50 and I both need one! image

Later, Paul

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Hmmmmm........no immediate plans for those dates. I generally don't even look for Roosies in the mint sets I obtain as they are a strain to my eyes looking for perfect bands. I'm sorry to say I have passed many, many Roosies up the past year os so due to the difficulty of high grade real FB coins. The only reason I Looked for those in the 1997 sets I had as they were pretty cold overall and I was trying to earn my money back and hopefully obtain sweat shop wages out of them.
  • Options

<< <i>Saw them Paul, need them both. If they didn't have those bands I would be on them like white on rice!!!!! >>

I just checked out your set. Seems FB's didn't stop you from buying an 82-P66FB and another hard to find 2004-P 68FB. If you decide to part with either, how about letting us know when where and how you plan to sell them or trade.

Dan
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Hey Guys, Just stay away from the 97 D I need that one!!!! I moved my set to the complete dime set and the only coins I have purchased in the last month were Roosies go figure!!! Fred
  • Options
    I'm stepping up in the world fellas! Nick just sent me my fabulous 1997-P PCGS MS68FB (2/0). I will add it to my sets ASAP!

All together now.....................You may start your drooling! image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Well I got my 98-P 68FB from him last week. na na na na na
    Oh I found 2 obw rolls of 93-D Roosies also...
    Not gonna tell where, cause I reserved dem boys for myself.
    I loveee going through rolls from years with low FB pops. Even when I don't need one, it's the finding of the coin that I like. image
    Dan
  • Options
    Stooge/Nick nice job. If I remember correctly the pop 1 was my coin. Another one bites the dust. That coin had about the deepest bands I had seen at the time.
  • Options

<< <i>All together now.....................You may start your drooling! >>

Paul at first read, I read 97-P, but brain being in low gear, registered as 98-P same one I got from Nick.
    But at Second reading, I see that what year you were really talking about. I bow before the master, as a 97-P 68FB trumps a 98-P 68FB any day of the week. image
    Now if Mark could look through his desk and see if maybe another 97-P 68FB had slipped into a crack.
    Yeah I know, it takes some big a$$ cracks to lose a PCGS slabed coin in. But see, it's not that far fetched, I don't know what condition his desk is in. Besides if you are going to hope, then HOPE BIG. image
    Dan