Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

What would these 3 dimes go for if made?

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
What would these 3 dimes go for if made?

1970 PCGS MS67FB (1/0)
1982-No/P PCGS MS68FB (1/0)
1996-W PCGS MS69FB (1/0)

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul,

More than I would want to pay with those FB's at the end.image

Jon
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Paul, All 3 of those would be auction coins. My guess would be that the 70P 67FB would sell
    for around $5K, The 82 no-P 68FB between $3K - $4K and the 96W 69FB $2500 or so. If I
    made any one of those that's the numbers I would be asking.
  • Options
    I will give you $20 for each.image
  • Options
    Nick, Now the tough question:

Are these 3 coins going to be made? Do you think its possible with PCGS standards?

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I can see the 96W being made in 69FB, what with the 68FB pop at 100 and rising.
    It is strange people are willing to pay such high prices for the 68FB, and some sellers calling it the key to the series.
    Check the pops ..
    total non FB's graded = 2269 .. 882 in MS67 .. 434 in MS68 .. 5 in MS69
    total FB's graded = 569 .. 271 in 67FB .. 100 in 68FB
    total graded by PCGS alone = 2836
    This number FAR exceeds any other date from its start in 1946 - 2005

The 1970 in 68FB? NEVER
    The 1982 no P? not likely.

Least graded Roosie

1991-D 56 MS + 1 FB
    1969.... 55 MS + 3 FB
    1993-D 68 MS + 5 FB
    This does not include 82 no P weak strikes or the 05 business strikes.
    Dan
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the '70 is doable but there's no real chance for the others. This coin comes
    as a spectacular PL in the mint sets even though they tend to have light marking and
    the bands fade away. Roll coins might be even more likely for the bands but there are
    very few roll coins. I think it will be found in a mint set but no more than one or two.
    With so few roll coins there won't be any from rolls and even if there were, they'd never
    grade MS-67 on this issue.

I also think the '82-NMM in 68 would go for $30,000 if not more. There aren't a lot of
    collectors of this series but a coin like this would be "unique" so the interest would be great.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    NGC has graded a couple 70P's in FT including 1 MS67FT............my guess is that coin doesn't have strong enough bands to cross to PCGS because even as a MS65FB or MS66FB, it would be a stellar coin (given today's pop's).........but I agree with Cladking, its just a matter of time...
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    I have something like 400 1970 mint sets on their way to me. I'll let you know what I find!

(I already have a pcgs ms66 1970 dime for sale, recently graded, nicer than the ms67 I bought but returned).
  • Options
    "I have something like 400 1970 mint sets on their way to me. I'll let you know what I find!"

Wow 400 1970 mint sets????
    My mouth waters just thinking about looking at 800 1970- P&D dimes. image
    Dan
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    400 1970 mint sets. I have gone through a lot more than that and they were fresh and under current FB grading standards I predict an FB coin to be impossible due to various flatness, scuffing and general agitation in that area. I do hope you find one though. Early on, they would have graded them FB but I do not think it is possible now.
  • Options
    "I predict an FB coin to be impossible due to various flatness, scuffing and general agitation in that area. I do hope you find one though. Early on, they would have graded them FB but I do not think it is possible now. "

• Options
    I've been saying for a few years now that a 1970 FB will not be made in Gem. Maybe an MS60/61/62FB but not a gem. If one were to be made in a 7FB I think it would bring >10K.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    If one were to be made in a 7FB I think it would bring >10K.

Paul, The reason I don't think it would bring that kind of money is because the collector base isn't strong enough.
    The demand would not be there to get the price that high.
  • Options
    Ya never know. I think that there are some collectors that are hiding.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    I sell more Roosies to mint set collectors then Roosie collectors, but I don't think a mint
    set collector would pony up for that coin. All the collectors that I sell to not on the registry
    do not collect clads, only silvers.

I did sell my last clad MS69FB on ebay last night. 3 of the 5 I had did go to set collectors.
    One to a mint set collector and one to a type set collector. They're all gone now......image

• Options
    Nick are all of your clad dimes gone also? image
    Dan
  • Options
    Dan, They're almost all gone. I have about 10 or so left... 2 years ago I had 3 double row boxes of silver and clad
    FB Roosies. Today I only have one row left. Demand far out weighs supply for the better date silver and clad FB
    Roosies. The common dates are lingering.