Home PSA Set Registry Forum

NEW MOST POPULAR SET ON THE FOOTBALL REGISTRY

Congrats to all those who helped put together the NFL HOF Rookie Player set on the Registry. The set was actually formulated right here in the forum back in January of 2003. I think we really "got it right" when figuring out the standards for the set on which cards to include, and it shows in its popularity.

As of today, the set has 48 ACTIVE CURRENT FINEST sets, making it the MOST collected football set on the entire PSA Registry!

Even with the HUGE prices realized recently on ebay, this set is still undervalued. The scarcity of vintage football and the popularity of the NFL today will continue to propel this set until it meets or exceeds what we see NOW in baseball prices. I'm just glad to already be at 100%..lol

Jason

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.

Comments

• Jason,

I wanted to thank you for all your help in the past month on helping me start my HOF RC set. I am currently around 30th and moving up.

My goal is to be done and in the top 5 by this time next year.

Scott a.k.a. 12 Gage Gunn

• JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    WOW..That's a Museum of Sports History level goal...lol

You're off to a great start though, you've good a good eye for nice cards and that's going to benefit you down the road.

It took me around 5 years to reach 100% (much of which was interupted by multiple trips to the Middle East)...But the best part is, every year new additions to the HOF mean new additions to the set! Plus I'm always looking to upgrade what i've got...

I would be nice to at least get back to #2..I'll never catch MOSH unless I win the lottery or something..lol

Best of luck,
    Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • JUST THINK JASON FOR JUST 55K YOU COULD HAVE ADDED THAT PSA 9 STARR AND GRAHAM imageimageimage
    LOL..

That's MOSH money, bro..I'm just an average collector over here...

I'd be happy with a Bart Starr PSA 8 for $1,000!!
  • I'm a relative newbie to the set.
    Thanks to all who had a hand in putting it together for the PSA Registry. It's the only football set I collect. I'm having lots of fun with it, especially learning about football pre-1960s.
  • JASON,

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP AND THANKS TO MOST EVERYONE WHO IS PUTTING THIS SET TOGETHER. THERE IS A GREAT DEAL OF COURTESY THAT GOES WITH THE COMPETITIVENESS.

I'VE ONLY BEEN AT IT FOR ABOUT 10 MONTHS, BUT REALLY APPRECIATE YOU AND CRAIG AND DAN FOR HELPING ME ALONG THE WAY.

I HOPE TO GET IN THE TOP TEN SOMETIME SOON.

THIS IS THE REASON I HAVE DECIDED TO FOCUS SOLELY ON THIS SET AND THE POTENTIAL ADDITIONS TO IT.

MARC AKA MAD
    Have shine box will travel
    ------------
    BOBBY ORR
    THE BEST THERE WAS!
    THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!
    ------------
    MAD,

Of anyone on the NFL HOF RC Registry, i think you have the best shot at catching MOSH.

Its all going to come down to availability and finding those super tough cards to add to your growing collection.

Sooner or later ALL these cards pop up on ebay or other various auction houses...Just a matter of being diligent and keeping a keen eye...

It took me over 5 years to complete the set, then come next February, we will have new HOFer to add..

Jason
  • SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Good luck to all you guys. I hope someday one of you can catch MOSH! image

I was up to #8 at my peak, before deciding to sell off most of my cards to fund a work-free summer studying for the Bar Exam.

The set was really fun to build and since I did keep a few of the biggies, I may jump back in in the future someday. Especially once my new job starts up later this fall.

• Jason,

Some lofty praise. Thank you. I just don't think my pockets are deep enough.

But, I'll do my best.

MAD.
    Have shine box will travel
    ------------
    BOBBY ORR
    THE BEST THERE WAS!
    THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!
    ------------
  • AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    It's a great set. My interests have taken me in a slightly different direction, but I track the set and look at look at people's scans all the time. I remember sitting at my computer on graveyard shift 3 or 4 years ago massaging set weighting image.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...