Home Sports Talk

2005 WS Repeat ??

jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
The defending world champs, Chicago WhiteSox, have the best record in the AL as of now.

Their opposition in the most recent Fall Classic, Houston Astros, have the best record in the NL, unless the Mets come back to win today and will tie Houston for that feat.

I did think the Palehose would be tough and could likely get back in the series, but must admit I felt the Astros would have a hard time beating out Atlanta for a wild-card spot.

It still is quite early but very interesting, the top two teams at the end of last year, are still the top two this year, even though just 10% into the season.

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.

Comments

• AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    It's tough to bring chemistry from one year to the next, but the white sox kept nearly everyone, and added in a significant power upgrade in Thome (as long as he stays healthy).

The Astros are the real surprise...great record, no Clemens. I wonder if he's kicking himself for not wanting to play this spring?
  • Clemens is coming to Bostonimage
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    I'd be really happy if the Sox went again. The Cubs aren't playing so bad right now, either. THAT would be fun.