Home Sports Talk
Options

LAVAR TO THE GIANTS

Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
Damn...... not good for my eagles....

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    It will definitely shore up what was the weakest spots for the Giants last year. They were literally pulling guys off the street to plug in there since they were so ravaged by injuries.

But he's been quite the enigma, and doesn't seem to respond very well to strict coaching...will be interesting to see how well he works with Couglin.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I think Lavar was humbled a little bit by the benching last year. He should have a different outlook now. Not that I am a Giants fan, I would have loved to see him go to the Steelers.
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Couglin and Plaxico seemed to get along well enough last year. I hope it is the same with Lavar, but I agree, he is a risk. Over the last two years the Giants have done a very good job at fitting in free agents at the right price to improve the team. Hopefully a good draft will keep up last year's success.

As a Giants season ticket holder, it is much more fun to watch an 11-5 team than a 5-11 team, and in the NFL you never know which one you will get year to year.
  • Options
    This is definetly awesome. I'm not a season ticket holder, but luckily a client I worked for a couple of months ago is. He has 4, so I'm definetly happy that my boss mentioned to him I was a Giants fan.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    He will be in Couglin's doughouse in two weeks come the beginning of the season. Tom doesn't take any crap. This is not a good
    mix. Of course the Giants have three bye weeks (two against the Eagles), so that is three weeks right there of not having to
    worry abuot your D.

If you want D, look no further than the NFC South!

GO BUCS

JS
  • Options
    Well, he's gotta conform. But he's not a bad guy in the lockerroom or on the practice field. He got screwed by DC and aired his grievances through the local media. He'll be fine, as long as he practices/plays hard he's gonna be good.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a very good signing for the Giants. The Eagles are more than fine at linebacker - it wouldn't have been a good signing capwise for the Eagles. Eagles should've invested more money, MUCH more money in the O. Presumably, the Eagles are going to draft almost nothing but O players in the earlier rounds.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arrington will get hurt and be a bust like he has been pretty much his whole career.
  • Options
    Funny...He hasn't been a bust.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets