Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Coin Swap Update. Please follow up and share the details with the group while we prepare for a Fathe

Please post the results of your experience. This is a part commonly left out and sometimes how ill feelings begin. If you

are both mutually satisfied then say so but if you are NOT then obviously you and your mate should work things out.

Thanks to all who took part and now we are going to start signing up for a Father's Day Swap. image

Comments

• Options
    I'm ready. Count me in.
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Tax season is over - I'm in!

Previous swaps with eyoung and Zug.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    Im in.
    But lets have a GOLD swap?
    www.tradingslabs.com

Jeffs
  • Options
    BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    I'm in. If Tedssupply needs a partner for a gold swap I think I can jump on that grenade.... Anyway, I'm in regardless

• Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Count me in.....image

Any minimum amount.
  • Options
    Im home!!! Definately Interested!
  • Options

I'd like to do this with a gold swap.image

Manuel
    Monday April 10, 2006 9:04 AM

SM1 calls me a troublemaker....image

--------------------------------------------
    Sunday August 19, 2007 9:17AM

A mentor awarded " YOU SUCK!!"
  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    No gold here, but a swap.....Hell yeah! $100 min here.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    ledzep87ledzep87 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    I have been approved by boom.

I can take a $70 minimum.
    Great transaction with: Relaxn, Collectorcoins, OKCC
  • Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey BOOM! Count me in! Here's what I have to trade preferrably for gold bullion:

5 - 2005 Buffalo Bison P&D Nickel rolls MINT SET 4U8 - still unopened in mint box

1 - 2005 Buffalo Bison First Day Coin Cover - still unopened in mint box

1 - 2005 Buffalo Bison First Day Coin Cover - opened shipping box only

If anyone is interested, PM BOOM and maybe he'll hook us up together. I figure this to be equivelent to a $100 swap w/shipping costs. Again, I'm after gold bullion...

Edited to add:

I would also consider a Barber Half in PCGS VF 20-35.
  • Options

To celebrate my departure from Chicago and eventual relocation in a couple months to SIN CITY AKA LAS VEGAS i'll take a gamble on this swap. COUNT ME IN.image
    PCGS certified Modern Commemoratives and American Eagle Gold Bullion, Type set coins, CC mintmark coins, Confederate currency, Shield Nickels XF and better,HOF sports cards graded/ungraded
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭
    BOOM! Sign Me Up!

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    bgmanbgman Posts: 473 ✭✭
    Count me in this one.

Randy
  • Options
    Put me in $50 to $100 ok
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    I'd like some gold but I don't have any. Why don't you guys pitch in and do something about that? imageimage
  • Options
    Whats with the gold thing? I have no gold to 'swap' so I must decline on this one. the move to Az, was a toughie- still tryin to find my Morgans, and a bunch o Kennedies that I got back from grading.

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope I made last call - anybody from the past not like my contrib's?

Let me know amount - I can go Gold if darkside's of interest.

US stuff's too darn expensive image
  • Options
    OK everybody. Unless there are any objections I will extend the deadline for entrance another day. By tomorrow night I should have the pairings.

As I see it (please correct me if I am wrong) there are 3 that want to trade Gold and a 4th that wants to trade some nice things FOR Gold. If anyone in particular has Gold that they would be willing to swap for massscrew's item please step up otherwise I'll need to find some way of addressing this situation.

I like Gold too but ironically I have had only 3 pcs of Gold in my lietime. I HAD 2 - $20 St. Gaudens and a 1999-W (struck from unfinished proof dies) $10 piece. I wish I still had them but sadly, I do not.

I need to speak with ledzep87 about his wants. Maybe I can accomodate massscrew some kind of way but right now I'm left scratching my head.

Once I pair everyone up it will be between each pairing to iron out the particulars. Basically, this is supposed to be for the enjoyment of our hobby and to fraternize with one another. Remember this when it comes to swapping. Let's be fair with one another and treat each other well. No one should do anything with what they receive until their respective partners declare that in fact they are pleased that the swap is equitable and everyone goes away happy.

We DO NOT want or need any stupid stuff going on. I don't believe I need to expound on this topic. Agree on whatever amount you please with one another as well as what pricing guide you will use to arrive at this equitable figure. The key is communication.

DO NOT place undue demands or unrealistic ultimatums on your partners. Try to keep things simple and for cryin' out loud, make sure you insure your items and use Delivery Confirmation.

I'll get back to you all some time tomorrow. Maybe we can pick up a few more swappers. Be fair and be real. Enjoy this so we may keep it going smoothly. I'm sure everyone has their share of problems and we sure don't need to create more with something that is supposed to be fun.

Till tomorrow,

BOOM image
  • Options
    This swap is still open to anyone wishing to participate and will remain so until this evening after I am done shipping and doing my afternoon, early Thursday evening routine. image

Remember though that all newbies to these boards must be screened by me to my satisfaction. There will be no hit and run around here if I can help it. Either leave a PM or send your personal info to the email address in my profile ( under the pair of glasses, top right newcomers. Click there and copy it if you want to send in that fashion.

Have a great afternoon.

Later,

BOOM

• Options
    OK, let's get this show on the road. I've racked my brain trying to accomodate everyone so here are the pairings that can change if someone can accomodate massscrew who is more or less conditional.

OK, here are the pairings.
    DocMortar swaps with claychaser and vice versa
    tedssupply swaps with BigJohnD and vice versa
    hiyosilver swaps with BlindedbyEgo and vice versa
    aija swaps with 30AnvZ28 and vice versa
    eyoung swaps with bgman " " "
    Kingpin swaps with TorinoCobra71 & vice versa
    BOOM swaps with the newcomer ledzep87 and vice versa
    Being we are odd numbered I will also swap with JohnK and he will swap with me.

If anyone can accomodate massscrew let me know as he is a provisional seeking gold for modern stuff.

Please double check these because I have a splitting headache

Help me out here guys. Is this everyone? I'd like to get massscrew a partner if possible so if anyone wants to swap with him please state so here or contact him and let me know what is going on. AGAIN, double check to see that I have not missed anyone. If I have made any glaring mistakes please let it be known to me.

Rules...We're going to keep it simple. I don't see any idiots in this gang so I'm very confident things will go well.

1- Treat your partner as you would like to be treated. Find some way to agree on a price and run with it.
    2- Do NOT "DO" anything with your items received until your partner declares that he is satisfied and the swap is equitable. I don't need to mention any names but we do not need any more fiascoes like those that involved him.
    3- Please be sure to communicate with each other and for Pete's sake, DON't place undue stress, unrealistic DEMANDS on your partner.
    4- Insure your items and use Delivery Confirmation.

This is NOT a get rid of stuff you no longer want, hoping to get nice things while you send junk. I don't elieve this will happen with this crew.

That's basically it. I've got to get to work now but I'll be checking back in. Try to take it upon yourselves to let one another know that it's on (those that are involved). It will save me a lot of time.

5- I suggest that once you receive your items to contact your partner and talk amongst yourselves firsst and declare whether you are satisfied or not, THEN after it is declared consumated, come here and post that it has been a successful swap.

Let's have fun, OK? Let's roll. Forgive any typos cause besides the headache I am late in postin to eBay. Y'all check out my items BTW, OK?

Peace.
  • Options
    Check the above for the pairings.

• Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    Wonderful surprise from BGMANN!!!!! Received 2 commems !!! Also, 2 dimes 1834 & '35 and Large Cent 1843!!!

Thanks again!!!!! Will post pics later!!!!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    Both ledzep87 and JohnK's items are in the mail!

Received ledzep's and me like. image
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Great swap with Doc Mortar!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    Claychaser and I had an excellent swap. It was fun!
  • Options
    Thanks Boom!

I got some silver!!
  • Options
    Just received JohnK's and I think I need to send some more. John and Jon were 2 great swap partners. image

Come to think about it, to date I have only had ONE not so ethical swap mate and he's Toast.
  • Options
    Please post your sentiments about your experience and as I stated, the swap is not to be one sided. It must be mutually declared equitable.

I sent what I thought John and I agreed upon price wise but when I opened and saw for myself I knew in fact that it wasn't and I need to send more.

I wante Jon's first swap to be one to remember so I sent him $10 face value of silver coins, far from "junk" and a certified coin to boot. I got a 1999 $5 Gold piece and two rolls of Nebraska Quareters and 6 rolls of 2006-D Lincoln Cents. I enjoyed this swap and I hope my partners did as well. image

See, this is where communication and the rules really come into play. Remember, one rule states to do nothing with the material you receive until your partner declares that he or she feels it was, in fact, a fair swap.

If this cannot be done then to avoid ill feelings and lack of future participation, then something would either need to be worked out or each others' coins returned. image
  • Options
    Boom......has spoken. image To be more specific, me and Boom traded the following:

my $5 1999 GAE, 2 OBW/shotgun rolls of D mint Nebraska Quarters and 6 OBW/shotgun rolls of 2006 D Lincolns

for his $5 worth of Franklin halves (my absolute favorite modern design), $5 worth of silver Washington quarters, and an old green label PCI 1959 Washington quarter-which also happens to be my very first slabbed coin!!

This was a very enjoyable experience! Thanks!

Jon (ledzep87)
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    I may need to apologize to 30anvZ28..........

Work has been a pain the last 2 months as we have been merged with another department & cutbacks, more work-same amount of time....

I log on to the boards less & less, and honestly had forgotten about the swap.
    I just now remembered....."OH SH!T".
    So I see who I was partnered up with & have never dealt with 30anvZ28....although if he's a Camaro lover he can't be all bad (even if I do drive a Mustang!).
    So......I will see if he is still interested, I did not receive a PM from him & if so we'll make a swap......if he's not, then I'll blame work!! image
  • Options

I had a great swap w/ BlindedByEgo, the coins he sent ( Morgans and a Walker were all outstanding! ).

Being a wannabe VAMMER, I feel like I got the better end of the deal.

Thanks Keith!

Manuel
    Monday April 10, 2006 9:04 AM

SM1 calls me a troublemaker....image

--------------------------------------------
    Sunday August 19, 2007 9:17AM

A mentor awarded " YOU SUCK!!"