Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Which of these would YOU rather have?

Background: In 1962 Ford issued a set of Detroit Tiger post cards (explained in the SCD). Collectors could send them to the player, get them autographed, and returned. If however, this was done, it would carry a postmark on it, and PSA will not assign a numeric grade to it, but will only give it an "Authentic" rating.

So if you have one of these post cards, autographed, and postmarked, which would you rather have:

To have the postcard sent thru the PSA/DNA service, where they will authenticate the autograph, and give it a grade. Let's say that grade would be an '8'.

OR would you rather send it in for "regular" PSA service, and just settle for the "Authentic" rating. The advantage of this, is that at least with THIS service, the card will be eligible for the Set Registry; with the PSA/DNA service, it will not.

Is one WORTH more than the other?

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    If it is the same damn postcard, who cares? The PSA rating will not add significant value either way. In fact, except for certain deceased individuals - I couldn't imagine that the PSA/DNA service fee of $20 could be recouped in having the postcard holdered.

Just my opinion.
    m
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Isn't a graded AND authenticated autographed card sent thru PSA/DNA eligible for the set registry?................I was told YES via email from someone at PSA at least a year ago!!!
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    I would chose the regular PSA submission for autographed cards. I don't think the slabbed value will be different with the PSA or PSA/DNA label, and I think the regular PSA submission may be cheaper, unless you can negotiate something outside the fee structure.