Home Metal Detecting
Options

Here she is after some cleaning.

She need's a little more,but I have to figure out what to use now to remove that black crud and not cause any other damage.
She has alot of detail to her,so I don't think she saw alot of circulation.

Also here are some button's that I have found over the last few week's.The center one is a nice size abalonie button,then to the upper left is a nice glass button and to the left of that is a cool bone button.

closer view of the glass

Thank's for looking and HH,Tom

Comments

• Options
    Nice buttons Tom!

So how have you cleaned the dollar so far?
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thank's GR,first I soak her in some warm water and then hit it with a light brush.After drying her off I used coin cleaner that I picked up at the coin store and then baking soda.
    Dipped Q-tip in the cleaner then the soda and went to work.Spent 2 hr's cleaning her that way.
    Now I wouldn't recommend this on a key date or a coin in great shape.The morgan had been in what look's like a fire of some sort,it may have been in a coin purse or something cloth like as it is baked on to the morgan.
    I got something I will try on it after some testing on a couple of real cruddy merc's I have and see what it do's to them.HH,Tom
  • Options
    Electrolysis will take the black crud off.
    "A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes"--Hugh Downs
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try some peroxide,it's a little more gentle than Electro.