Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

POPULATION REPORT FOR 1972-P- TYPE # 2 .....

The true population for 1972-P- TYPE- # 2 in MS-64 is about 80 to 85, and not the 133 listed. This is due to multiple submissions ( coins cracked out and re- submitted )
I have re- submitted 6 myself, using this method. However, I did not get a single up- grade.
This is a consideration when buying or selling this coin in the MS-64 grade. I would bet that many MS-63 coins have been re- submitted as well. I re-submitted 8 MS-63 coins, and only got one ( 1 ) to upgrade to MS-64 !!
In addition, recently I submitted eleven ( 11 ) raw coins, and received one ( 1 ) MS-64 grade.
So, the population report is a lot lower than most people think !!

Comments

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walter,

Have you turned in your "crack-out" certs to help clear up the POPS?

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    If I had 2, I would say the true pop report was 30 or so image
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    <<Have you turned in your "crack-out" certs to help clear up the POPS?>>

and if you haven't quit posting about the count being inaccurate because you are a contibuting factor.

turn in your certs image
  • Options

<< <i><<Have you turned in your "crack-out" certs to help clear up the POPS?>>

and if you haven't quit posting about the count being inaccurate because you are a contibuting factor.

turn in your certs image >>

True !!
    I have used this method to hold prices in check, and corner the market on type # 2 coins. It has been working very well. Iwill eventually send in the slabs.
  • Options

<< <i><<Have you turned in your "crack-out" certs to help clear up the POPS?>>

turn in your certs image >>

• Options

<< <i>Walter,

Have you turned in your "crack-out" certs to help clear up the POPS?

GrandAm image >>

Gary,
    I will eventually mail in the certification slabs. I have not done so to keep prices from rising, while buying up a large part of the market.
    The type # 2 is a valuable coin in ANY grade, and currently UNDERPRICED in all grades.
    Ike dollars as a whole are very much undervalued, and are headed through the roof in the next few years.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The type # 2 is a valuable coin in ANY grade, and currently UNDERPRICED in all grades >>

Walter,

I HOPE you are right!!!!!!image I have a couple of IKE'S stashed away myself!!!!!image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    I think Type 2 kes are a great Variety/Error in the Ike Seres and are undervalued as well.

I also think that there are still a few more to be found. image

Brian

I LOVE image PEG-LEG, ERROR & TONED IKES!image
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    I still need to get my MS64 type 2 into a type 2 attributed slab. It is currently unattributed. I traded for the coin four years ago. I traded a $10.00 coin for it. :-D It was a sight unseen transaction. The trader said it was AU. Was surely happy when it graded MS64.