Home Metal Detecting
Options

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imagegotta do the dance with today's findimageimageWith all the rain we have been having I got to get out today with over cast and occasional sun picking throughimage

Today was a great day for find's,made 2 eyeball and 1 detected!!A buddy and I were nicknamed ???????? Twins after we both found one of these each on the same lotimage
First we will start off with the eyeball find's and then move to the one that got a dancing and hoopan an hollerin!!!

First I got this silver plated compact,which say's:
Colleen Moore
Darnee,New York
Pat-July-1-1929

Then next up is this cool bottle that I do not know how it didn't get broke with 2 cat's scraping the lot
imageThe bottle say's:
Dr August Koenigs
Hamburger(not sure if there is suppose to be a comma between the g and r??)
Tropfen

Are you ready to see it yet????????imageI don't know if your ready for thisimage
Let's just add a little to the story before I show it.Went to a lot today they had tore out a cement slab and could see that the spot had possability's.I could see some broken glass,porcelain and brick.After talking to some people found out the site had a hotel on it at one time from the 1800's.Started hunting it but not focusing on one area,was just testing the ground to see what popped up.
As I'm walking along just swinging my coil and looking around on the ground for any non metalic target's,I get thisLOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUDDDDDDDDDDD scream in my headphone's,which got me to stop and go what the ell is that????
I look down at the ground and I see this dark colored disc on the ground.Picked it up thinking it was a token,Well trying to see what was on the one side but couldn't as it was covered in some crudimageSo I flip it over to see what I can see on the other side and that's when I hollered out HOLLY S**TimageI think everybody heard me in a 5 mile radiusimageThen I started dancingimageI was doing the tootsie roll,chicken dance and any other dance I could make upimageYou should have seen me.........................................................well maybe not,it wouldn't have been pertyimageimageimage
Well here she is after hiding in the dirt for 121yr's

1885s Morgan

Thank's for looking and HH,Tom

Comments

• Options
    1885s Morgan,YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!1885s Morgan,YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!1885s Morgan,YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!1885s Morgan,YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!1885s Morgan,YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!1885s Morgan,YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!1885s Morgan,YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!1885s Morgan,YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!1885s Morgan,YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!1885s Morgan,YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

LOL

WTG Tom

CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    You first thought it was a token?
    What kind of huge tokens have you been finding Tom?! imageimage

Your dancing comments made me think of that song "Play that funky music __ __" I could just hear it playing in the background while you were bustin' a move - haha!

Saweeeet find. Congrats! image

• Options
    Killer find Tom!!!!

I can't imagine finding a big silver dollar underneath my coil.

You suck X 10 !!!

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    imageimage
    Awesome finds Tom.
  • Options
    i thought i heard you yelling.....nice find!
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Holy-Moses Tom!!! Not only do you get a "you suck" but an added "dammit that's a sweet find"!!!
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck of a find,and on top to boot.LOL.
    Al
  • Options
    outstanding finds, especially the morgan, you....you.....lucky man

I wanna find one image

or more!
  • Options

<< <i>You first thought it was a token?
    What kind of huge tokens have you been finding Tom?! imageimage

Your dancing comments made me think of that song "Play that funky music __ __" I could just hear it playing in the background while you were bustin' a move - haha!

Saweeeet find. Congrats! image >>

Thank's Ric,well I was thinking of those dollar size good luck token'simageHH,Tom
  • Options

<< <i>Heck of a find,and on top to boot.LOL.
    Al >>

Thank's Grip,she musta been deep as she was uncovered by a couple of bottle digger's.They had done a couple of test pit's and in one they had uncovered some bottle's and my morgan which they didn't see because they were looking for bottle's and when they had filled in the hole she stayed behind for me to findimageHH,Tom
  • Options
    Thank's all for the replie's,I'm going to work on getting her cleaned up better as she has alot of detail on both side's.So when I get it done I will post some more pic's.HH,Tom
  • Options
    Amazing find. Congrats.
  • Options
    Amazing! You suck!
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    thats interesting about how the bottle diggers left it behind. my first morgan also came from a bottle diggers hole. i know that experience very well. upon first seeing it, you just don't believe that its a dollar coin.

i dug a bottle hole a few months back. did'nt detect it after. guess what? someone dug a nice seated quarter in my backfilled hole!
  • Options
    Incredible Finds!!image 'Tropfen' is German for drops, so basically your bottle says Dr. Koenig's Hamburg drops (whatever they are).
  • Options
    nice work!!
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Congrats Tom, that's a killer find!!!
    Great read, gotta love the enthusiasm coming through in your post!! imageimage

Edited to add: I checked your bottle on Google and came up with this link.. There's some info on the history of these bottles in the replys when you scroll down the page.
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    Thank's for the reply and link Zot.That was some great info about the company and maker's.HH,Tom
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    That's what I was thinking but didn't want it to go to his head image
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".