Home Stamps Forum

Stamp Prices?

mrcommemmrcommem Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭
I mainly collect coins, but I have a few stamps that tie-in to my silver commemoratives. What is available as for as current stamp values? What is the best source for values both books and web sites?

Comments

• dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    The US Scott Specialized Catalog will give values for US stamps. Ebay would probably give you semi-realistic values due to mis-informed or shillers.

If you are speaking of US commem coins, not many US related stamps will be worth much, but there are exceptions such as the Columbian set to go with an Isabella quarter and Columbian half, and a few others. Either way, I've heard of people matching coins and stamps and it would make a very nice collection. If your coins are slabbed, then slabbed stamps would make a nice set.

• << <i>The US Scott Specialized Catalog will give values for US stamps. Ebay would probably give you semi-realistic values due to mis-informed or shillers.

If you are speaking of US commem coins, not many US related stamps will be worth much, but there are exceptions such as the Columbian set to go with an Isabella quarter and Columbian half, and a few others. Either way, I've heard of people matching coins and stamps and it would make a very nice collection. If your coins are slabbed, then slabbed stamps would make a nice set. >>

HI
    I find this rather interesting.
    My thesaurus is not familiar with the word 'Shillers'
    Associating coins with stamps is something I would like to try to see what response one gets here. I know that German and probably other Countries issue a 'Numisbrief' issues.
    Though I have heard of it in NZ few such items are on local auctions.
    Can make an interesting exhibit.
    Offer quality British Africa, Commonwealth, Africa philatelic material.
  • dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Here is a Wikipedia link to describe shilling more:

Shill

Basically, its a phony bid to raise the current bid.