Home Sports Talk

Who Will Win The Cup This Year?

xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
I'm thinking the Red Wings Over Ottawa or the Rangers

Comments

• It is always hard to bet against Brazil and Argentina, but it would be nice to see the USA pull it off. It would also be nice to see Italy pull it off to silence the critics. image

As far as the other cup is involved, it would be nice to see the Red Wings win to see my boy Chris Chelios get another championship.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Gotta root for the home team--Carolina Hurricanes.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Dallas over Philadelphia
  • Dallas over Philadelphia

cornholio, i think their talking about Hockey not football image

Dave
  • I am an Ottawa Senators fan, so it kills me to say this, but I think the Buffalo Sabres are a team of destiny this year. I'm taking the Sabres over the Wings in the Finals.
  • When did hockey come back??? image

sorry, had to say it. I can't get back into watching hockey again. I've tried but just can't do it. But I will say Rangers over Vancouver.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • It pains me but i think that the Rangers have a great shot if their goaltending can hold up throughout the playoffs. Ottawa should be strong. Red Wings, naw they will be booted out in the 2nd round image
  • Habs, Habs, Habs!!! It's our year baby!!!!!
    Jay
  • phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭

<< <i>sorry, had to say it. I can't get back into watching hockey again. I've tried but just can't do it. But I will say Rangers over Vancouver. >>

I'd love to see a rematch of '94, but at this point the
    Canucks are sitting out of a playoff spot image Picked up a single point tonight from the Sharks. They need to win their last 2 games to have a realistic chance of getting in.
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I am an Ottawa Senators fan, so it kills me to say this, but I think the Buffalo Sabres are a team of destiny this year. I'm taking the Sabres over the Wings in the Finals. >>

This is what I'm thinking as well. The only problem is the seeding; if Buffalo has to play Phil. and then Ottawa back to back I don't think there's any way they have enough in the tank to finish the job. But they have the team speed and general sense of 'grit' that always seems to hold teams in good stead come playoff time.

If either Carolina or the NYR tank it in the first round then yes-- I like the Sabres. But if the seeding holds I think they're doomed.

I've been a Wings fan since 1988, but no-- not this year. You can't take their regular season record seriously considering the division they play in, and Lang appears to be hurt. I think Dallas emerges from the West.
  • yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    New Jersey over San Jose.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    looks like the Rangers will be ousted tonight
  • nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    I'll be rootn for the Habs, they're another favorite of mine anyway.

Sure wish I was able to watch more Buffler games this year image
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm rooting for Jimmie Johnson and the #48 Lowes Monte Carloimage

Steve
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I'll be rootn for the Habs, they're another favorite of mine anyway.

Sure wish I was able to watch more Buffler games this year image >>

Can't say enough good things about the Sabres, although that was just a pitiful effort tonight.

I'd also be gripping right now if I was an Oilers or Habs fan.
  • The Montreal Carolina series is funny - so much for home ice advantage

I wouldn't be shocked if Dallas came back in their series.
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Wings
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)

• << <i>Dallas over Philadelphia

cornholio, i think their talking about Hockey not football image

Dave >>

LOL, I must have been... both teams go out in the first round - damn my picks sucked!
  • New Jersey, been hot since the last 20 games of the regular season and they're peaking at the right time. The playoffs aren't about talent but momentum, Jersey takes the cup with (Going out on a limb on this one) Gomez or Broduer being MVP. I know Elias is hot but I see Gomez involved in a lot so I think he'll get some good oppurtunities if they go to the finals.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭
    You heard it here first: a team wearing red and black will win the East.
  • AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Still rooting for the home town team.image
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
    Go team !!! image

• fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    I could care less.The only think I am enjoying during this years Playoffs is the Legend of Hockey program before each game on OLN.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Oilers will win four the of the next 5 games to take the cup.. Oilers @ home = different much better team.. the momentum will roll on after these next two home games.
  • Put a fork in the Oilers because they are done.

however, last night on CBC they did have the 1984 Stanley Cup Final game between Edmonton and Philly image
  • xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Put a fork in the Oilers because they are done. >>

They are done! However it wouldn't suprise me if the Oilers won both of there next two home games. Is Roloson coming back? I heard rumors he is.
    I've been told that Roli's done for the year image

I wonder how bad the whitemud bandits went at er last night image Funny how some people need to act like retards just to have fun image
    Oh-ya, great picture Knuckles image
    Go Oilers Go..

could use a tan though.
    The Oilers lost.. image

Whoever sat around her won.

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gawd, its been 9 years since the Whale left. image

Glen Wesley is the last remaining Whaler on the 'Canes.
    Maybe it's just my heart talkin, but I still don't think the Oilers are out of it image

Another great pic by Knuckles, heh heh, those babies look like they're gonna just rip their way right out of that shirt, hmmm...........................hmmm.
    Good Call. Weeeehoooo!

edited to add: Love the signature adjustment. image

<< <i>Maybe it's just my heart talkin, but I still don't think the Oilers are out of it image

Another great pic by Knuckles, heh heh, those babies look like they're gonna just rip their way right out of that shirt, hmmm...........................hmmm. >>

It's Icon Updload day, perhaps you should replace that Bruins logo image
    Can't replace the Bruins logo, I've been cheering for this minor hockey team for 25 years. Then when my son put on the blades 5 or 6 years ago, I started daydreaming about him playing for the Bruins and winning the Provincial Championships, and it happened image.

That's my guy on the far left in the middle row with the scuff on his chin image

Sorry but you've got to be careful not to give me an opening to talk about my kid image

• This series is going 7 games, Knuckles, don't give up!!!
    It's exhausting! Emotionally and financially!

I heard on the radio this morning that the new issue of Beckett Hockey has already been printed prematurely showing the Hurricanes as the Stanley Cup Champions. The issue went to print after the Oilers were only down 2 games to none. image

• << <i>It's exhausting! Emotionally and financially!

I heard on the radio this morning that the new issue of Beckett Hockey has already been printed prematurely showing the Hurricanes as the Stanley Cup Champions. The issue went to print after the Oilers were only down 2 games to none. image >>

That is about as lame as it gets. It was great to see Pisani's shorthanded goal in overtime, because it showed (like Prongers penalty shot goal) that Cam Ward can be beaten when his defense isnt blocking shots or plugging every shooting lane.

2 to go........
  • yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Wow, man. I think Carolina's in huge trouble come Game 7. I thought for sure Edmonton was finished after Roloson - geez, I almost called him Melanson - went down, but they looked incredible tonight. I fear the Hurricanes are going to be wound exceedingly tight on Monday.

And regardless of what colors they're wearing, let's give it up for hockey skanks.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Well, that was just a damn shame.. . . mahahaha!

imageYOU GUYS SUCK!!!

• Again, go Oilers, the Cup has no business being in Carolina!!!
  • OnlypsahockeyOnlypsahockey Posts: 1,479 ✭✭
    HA HA HA!

Love that pick of the Caniacs!

Almost everyone had the Oil counted out.

I love it!

Go Oilers!

Bob C.
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • NOBODY ASKED ME BUT......

Oilers will hoist the cup down in Carolina.........final score Oilers 5, Hurricanes 2.
  • A LITTLE NOSTALGIA - THE ORIGINAL 1972-73 ALBERTA OILERS ROSTER

Ron Anderson F
    Ken Baird D
    Doug Barrie D
    Jim Benzelock F
    Brian Carlin F
    Steve Carlyle D
    Roger Cote D
    Bob Falkenberg D
    Val Fonteyne F
    Al Hamilton D
    Derek Harker D
    Jim Harrison F
    Bill Hicke F
    Ed Joyal F
    Dennis Kassian F
    Bob McAneeley F
    Rusty Patenaude F
    Ross Perkins F
    Bob Wall F
    Ron Walters F
    Ken Brown G
    Jack Norris G

Head Coach - Ray Kinasewich
    Asst. Coach - Glenn Hall (Best Damn Goalie I Ever Saw)

<< <i>Again, go Oilers, the Cup has no business being in Carolina!!! >>

Right you are, dammit!! It should be in Hartford!! image

The 'Canes 'fans' can all put their Dale Earnhardt, Jr caps back on now!!
    Congradulations Hurricane fans.

What a great season of hockey image
    son of a..

is all i have to say.