Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Wrong forum, but I'm changing the tone of the thread!...Mark Glover's eBay auctions...I've got a lin

RNCHSNRNCHSN Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
Here's a link to his 4 new auctions.

New auctions by Stacey Casperowitz aka Mark Glover

Edited after telephone communication with Mark.

Comments

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Wasn't he a regular poster here? What's the screen name?

• Options
    Post deleted as per Marks request on page #3.
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    Hey Ron!

hope all is well on your end.

and thanks for the heads up image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    Did your bad experience with him result from the "found in Nana's attic" thread?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    No, I didn't post anything here about it until last November.

He stole my money (ie...mail fraud) last April.
  • Options
    He just responded to a question I asked regarding his current auction.

Here's his new email address.....

petarded831@hotmail.com
  • Options
    I just sent this email to him;

Hi Stacey,

How about sending me the $565 you owe me from last spring when I sent you a check and you NEVER sent the coins?
    ....you were getting divorced....she had a restraining order.....can't get to the coins because they're in the basement....Sound familiar yet?
    Because the transaction occurred through the mail, it qualifies as mail fraud, which is a federal offense.
    I'll be filing criminal charges shortly, along with a few others you've defrauded.

Ron

I'll let you know if he responds.
  • Options
    ToneloverTonelover Posts: 1,554
    Look at this poster's forum id:

Link
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's his new email address.....

petarded831@hotmail.com >>

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Here's his new email address.....

petarded831@hotmail.com >>

Russ, NCNE >>

I'll second that. First time I've ever seen the term "petarded" was a few months ago here on the boards and now it shows up somewhere else?

Doug
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

Perhaps "retarded" might be a better term?
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe there are two Petardeds? >>

Or one Petarded with two names.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Petarted copied my avatar...pls don't confuse us...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Maybe there are two Petardeds? >>

Or one Petarded with two names.

Russ, NCNE >>

Would that be bipetarded or repetarded?
    Doug
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Popcorn!!! Popcorn!!!
    Need the popcorn gif!!!!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    That is some interesting feedback. So you got him to give you his email address through an innocent question on an ebay auction? Hmm. I've seen the handle petarded on here, I think. Coincidence?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    ..........you know what the Coin Cop's Posse will do if they get him ?

..............i shudder to think
  • Options
    I just Googled petarded and now I get it!

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭
    <<<------- See icon
  • Options
    librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Petarted copied my avatar...pls don't confuse us... >>

that would NEVER happen!image
  • Options
    I googled it too and found this IQ chart! image

Doug
  • Options
    ^^ lol. Having a Kennedy Half Dollar as your avatar adds 50 points to your IQ, so it is obvious that Russ is above average image
    Please download this app to help fight cancer at 0 cost. At no extra cost to you purchases from Amazon and other participating retailers will benefit research!

http://my.affinity.is/cancer-research?referral_code=MjI4Nzgz
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got it!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    He has contacted me both by email and PM.

He gave me his phone number and I will try to call him on Friday.

He says this was all done by a mean and vindictive female.
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    He says this was all done by a mean and vindictive female.

I can't wait to hear more- it's been awhile since there's been any good threads here........ image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too was taken by "Mark Glover" or someone using his name. I saw Ron's post here and I PM'd Petarted. He just answered me and said it was his ex-wife using his name. He has promised to PayPal me the $58 he owes me. I will update this when payment is received.

If he pays me I am willing to believe his story about the ex-wife. I have one myself and know what "BEACHES" they can be!!!!!!!! (word modified to please PCGS sensors)

Later, GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options

<< <i>I saw Ron's post here and I PM'd Petarted. He just answered me and said it was his ex-wife using his name. >>

So, they are one and the same.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    To put this in a nutshell for now, if anyone else was taken on these forums by someone claiming to be me, please PM me. I had rejoined in Jan under this new name, after a prolonged 'vacation'....its a very long and sordid story, and I would be glad to elaborate, but I need to make things right by at least Ron and Gary before it all comes out in the wash. I am not a bad person, a slug, a rip off artist, none of those....since I have been back, I have been involved in banter and some sales/purchases and those I have dealt with know I am upstanding. I did NOT know of the situations involving Ron and Gary...until these last few days and trust me, I am beside myself with knowing what happened with them....lastly, it IS true this is all because of a VERY mean and vindictive woman....I just ask that I be judged by the person that I am....
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that was QUICK. I just received a PayPal payment from Mark. He owed me $58. He sent me $60 with the extra $2 to cover my PayPal fee's. As far as I am concerned I believe his story.

I hope Ron gets his money as wewll.

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    This is starting to look like a happy ending. Bummer. This thread had a lot of potential.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is starting to look like a happy ending. Bummer. This thread had a lot of potential.

Russ, NCNE >>

Well, there is a chance Ron won't get his money back and this drags on, but I hope he does --- nice to have some happy endings for a change.

Actually, If you want to see some flame-fests, check the Currency Forum -- nasty stuff there, especially the threads about CGA overgrading and about a notorious seller know as "PorsheAkmed"!!
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is starting to look like a happy ending. Bummer. This thread had a lot of potential.

Russ, NCNE >>

Russ, you have a singular wit! image
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    check the Currency Forum -- nasty stuff there

I find it hard to get worked up over currency..... but I would like to hear more stories about mean and vindictive women......
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    I am sorry to bum you out Russ....lol...and I'll put this out in the public eye...Ron WILL be made whole....I have slight recourse in this (for me to be made whole again, and I almost guarantee I wont be), but I REFUSE to have my name smeared...especially here.

As I told Gary, I wouldnt want to make ANY enemies (though I almost did in the Superior $0.99 BIN debacle...lol). THIS Mark Glover has had to fly under the radar, so to speak, but in NO way is he a 'rip off' artist...doing that to members of THIS forum would be utterly ridiculous...its FACT that we ALL need each other out here...there is so much knowledge for EVERYONE to learn (even the seasoned, MOST knowledgable members still learn something at times out here), not to mention outright help and good deals on coins...IE, its almost like a family, dysfunctional at times, but still a family...and I do NOT wish to be a pariah to those that can help me learn, in a hobby I love....

edited to add:

Connecticoin, Ron WILL be made whole, just as Gary was...If I die a poor man, and if I have nothing else when I die, I will still have my dignity and the comfort that I was a decent human being that didnt screw people over (not saying you are accusing me of anything of that sort, just that I feel SO strongly and SO horrible about what was done...)
  • Options
    Oh, and Paigowjohnny, I dont mean to have ANYONE infer or think you and I are the same...Petarded was the name of an episode of Family Guy, and I made this forum name and my email at the same time...in January.....if it is bothering you that we do have the same icon, in light of whats happened (but again, make no bones about it, this WILL be dealt with swiftly), I would be happy to change my icon...until you change yours, then I'll jump on it again.....Please PM me and let me know....
  • Options

<< <i>

Russ, NCNE >>

Well, there is a chance Ron won't get his money back and this drags on, but I hope he does --- nice to have some happy endings for a change.

Actually, If you want to see some flame-fests, check the Currency Forum -- nasty stuff there, especially the threads about CGA overgrading and about a notorious seller know as "PorsheAkmed"!! >>

Man! You butchered that one!image It's "porscheahmet" and he sell snake oil.
    Doug
  • Options
    I just spoke to Mark on the phone (he returned my call) and he's going to make restitution in the near future, starting with a USPS MO in the next day or so.

The amount we're dealing with appears to be a little more than he can do in a single payment, which is something I can relate to if things went as bad as he says they did.
  • Options
    At this point, I want to express my gratitude to both Ron and Gary in public. They are two extremely understanding men and I want them to know how much I appreciate the way they have dealt with me in regard to this total fiasco. THANK YOU RON AND GARY ...you will never know how much more at ease this puts me in my long road to becoming whole again....I am going to be here for awhile and for those of you who have already passed judgement, thats fine...but each and every one of you whom I deal with or PM with are going to know that what happened is NOT the real me...for those that I have dealt with already, you know the transactions have been good...if there is interest in my whole saga (as I know my interest would be piqued), I would be willing to air it (might actually be therapeutic) at a later date...again, THANK YOU RON AND GARY-you are two of the good guys here!

Mark
  • Options
    So, have you fixed things so that this other person can no longer rip people off and sully your name and reputation?

• Options
    Pharmer...that person is no longer with me, in my life, nothing...I do not even know where she is at this moment....as far as fixing everything so my accounts (ALL of them, including bank accts, CC's, EVERYTHING)...I am armed with new numbers, passwords, everything...I just want to see this whole thing put in the past so I can move forward and live my life again.

As I told Ron in my conversation with him, I am in a much better place right now, and if it werent for 3 people in particular (namely my S.O. and my two sons, along with my folks, God bless ALL of them...support from loved ones is priceless) I quite honestly dont know what I'd be doing nor do I know where I would be doing it from...
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Pharmer...that person is no longer with me, in my life, nothing...I do not even know where she is at this moment....as far as fixing everything so my accounts (ALL of them, including bank accts, CC's, EVERYTHING)...I am armed with new numbers, passwords, everything...I just want to see this whole thing put in the past so I can move forward and live my life again.

As I told Ron in my conversation with him, I am in a much better place right now, and if it werent for 3 people in particular (namely my S.O. and my two sons, along with my folks, God bless ALL of them...support from loved ones is priceless) I quite honestly dont know what I'd be doing nor do I know where I would be doing it from... >>

good luck hepcat, I for one admire your willingness to rectify some of the events that have occured.
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Thanx Lucy...you know, I am not a firm believer in karma, but this whole thing has transcended everything. I firmly believe that by doing this, I will be vindicated and perhaps even rewarded for it in the long run, as quite frankly, its not only the right thing to do, its the ONLY thing to do. I never run and hide from something, and I could have just run and let them do what they had threatened, and had good right to do, and tried to dodge them like a lesser man would do...quite frankly, when I saw this post the first time, man, I bugged, I froze, I didnt know whether to sh*t or wind my watch, but.... My dad taught me, again, as I told Ron, if you get knocked DOWN 7 times, get UP 8 times...thank you for the kind words Lucy...coming from you, it means ALOT as I know everyone admires you on these boards, myself included!

edited to add the 'quite frankly.....etc

also edited to add 'vindicated' and delete 'villified' ...thanx Bochiman!
  • Options
    Cool. And the ebay auctions mentioned in the first post of the thread. Yours?

• Options
    Pharmer...yes, they are MINE...been debating getting a whole new ebay account though...
  • Options
    Thanks

• Options
    Ron..thank you for everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, but PLEASE get her name off the post...just looking at it makes me shudder...lol

edited to add: I think I may just get a new account for ebay, or go to using my S.O.'s account...totally forgot her name is associated with this account in a way...will keep you posted
  • Options
    ...........ummmmmmmm huhhhhhhhhhhmmm
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So.............are the coins still in the basement?.......were there any coins to begin with?...........did this gal make up some auctions or take the money that was intended for coins?
    I"m probably getting a little nosy here so if it's not really important or I need to mind my own business........then please ignore this post! image

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    Leo....what was NOT at my folks house is MIA, GONE....fortunately, my registry sets were at my folks, along with some other miscellaneous coins...you BET there were coins there though, including the classic commems that were due to go to Ron, some Peace, raw coins-including an 1892-S Barber Half that would have been VG all day (I loved that coin, it was in a bulk jar that a buddy of mine just gave me...not big money, but an honest to god key date...), more than likely F at ANACS, where it WAS going to go to. There were some other Barber dimes, quarters, bullion (no gold, but I can bet the silver was dumped at less than $6, that no good......). BUT, on the other hand, I have my health and sanity....well, 2 out of 3 isnt bad...lol

As far as what she did, who she did it to, I may never know....

Edited to add....though, that '61-P Jefferson in 66 still resides in my collection Leo!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file