Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone like blue proof IHC's??

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
I don't really collect them but this one got my attention. Unfortunately sold already. WOW! image

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    What a MOOSE.Outstanding color.Would love to see that beauty in hand.image
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!
  • RKKayRKKay Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭
  • Great coin....but I have a better one (different date) image
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Krypton - PROVE IT! image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Now I sure can't image like Rick...especially not considering this is burried in a NGC holder but...I think you'll get an idea of how nice this is...

1907 NGC PR66BN (Tougher Date)

imageimage

The fields on this coin are pristine!!!

imageimage
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta admit - pretty nice. image
  • MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd take either one. Stunning coins. Thanks for sharing....Mike
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • RKKayRKKay Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now I sure can't image like Rick...especially not considering this is burried in a NGC holder but...I think you'll get an idea of how nice this is...

1907 NGC PR66BN (Tougher Date)

imageimage

The fields on this coin are pristine!!!

imageimage >>

That coin is MINE when you are done holding it hostage.image
  • BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Nice toned PR IHC's.

I saw that one on Rick's site. What a smooth looking gem. And Shane's 07 is very nice too!

The prices on these seem to be movin up!
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.

<< <i>Great coin....but I have a better one (different date) image >>

Shane,Great coin,but would have to see both in hand to decide which is better?image
  • Very Nice,,,,,
    Collector Of Indian Cents!
    Fly-In Club
    My PCGS Registry Sets
  • LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Both are simply "Amazing" examples. Heres a pretty nice 1882 I own:

imageimage

• << <i>That coin is MINE when you are done holding it hostage.image >>

You've got it Rick image

Yes Brian you would know how nice it is wouldn't you image
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has a little blue on it.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• I have to tell you guys.......you are sure messing up my coin budget posting these beauties...I'm trying to build a set like these, and when I see these, I want to throw caution aside and go for it....Great coins, and beautiful pics!!imageimageimage
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    I'm OK with them.

coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • What the price range on proof indians with such toning assuming 65 or 66bn?
  • It can really be quite a spread depending on the grade, date and color combo but I would think a reasonable starting point might be $1000 and up.....many pictured here might be more in the $2000 to $3000 range. Very broad I know but it's just tough to provide prices with the market for toned IHCs growing by leaps and bounds. I am not saying you can't get a toned proof for say $500 but in most cases you are going to have to pay strong money for the real monster toned examples.
    I would guess the monster toned ones pictured above would command 3000 and up in todays market,and the best are worth it .JMHOimage
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • FletcherFletcher Posts: 3,294
    Russ makes them in his garage image

• clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭
    Seriously, deep down inside we all suspected this didn't happen naturally, didn't we? At least not often enough to explain how many there are.
  • SunnywoodSunnywood Posts: 2,683
    Careful everyone, these are coming on the market in numbers ... IMHO it's the latest wave of sophisticated AT color from the coin doctors. And they are getting good at it, to the point where the services can't distinguish, and neither can we. There has been a similar situation in the last 3-4 years with rainbow-toned nickels, especially Buffs, but others too ... those were all being done by a particular guy ... a lot of people knew about it, but nobody could tell what was NT or AT. I think you're going to have the same problem with proof IHC's ... the color may be market acceptable, but I wouldn't go paying big premiums for it.

Best,
    Sunnywood
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a couple last year (not really the BLUE ones though). Luckily, before the real incentive to AT them hit. Now, they are bringing twice what I paid image
    I like the fiery red with yellow and green (maybe some blue) better than the ice blue ones.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• I have a 1903 I kinda like:

• MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    Careful everyone, these are coming on the market in numbers ... IMHO it's the latest wave of sophisticated AT color from the coin doctors. And they are getting good at it, to the point where the services can't distinguish, and neither can we. There has been a similar situation in the last 3-4 years with rainbow-toned nickels, especially Buffs, but others too ... those were all being done by a particular guy ... a lot of people knew about it, but nobody could tell what was NT or AT. I think you're going to have the same problem with proof IHC's ... the color may be market acceptable, but I wouldn't go paying big premiums for it.

So I wonder how long before information like this makes the booming premiums for these toners begin to drop- If the tpg's will be unable to tell the difference, then what will happen to prices?
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • The menu went from pheasant to crow in only three months. Could there be more at work here?

Have a Great Day!
    Louis
  • SunnywoodSunnywood Posts: 2,683
    Unfortunately there are also legitimate naturally toned beautiful proof IHC's out there, coins which deserve a premium. Time will tell if we can separate the wheat from from the fake wheat, I mean chaff.

Best,
    Sunnywood
  • IHC collectors are more refined. Let's stay away from a toning premium. It will make it impossible to find Proof coins in RD.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file