Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question for state quarter collectors

Hello everyone. I was just curious about 2 different dies on the nevada quarters? I was looking thru a roll i got at the bank, and on the reverse where th first horse is on the left side his hind legs dissapear into the banner on some of them. On other ones his hind leg closer to the coin is bent up and you can see part of the calf higher than the banner.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Options
    xbobxbob Posts: 1,979
    P's or D's?

Got pics? Could this be another "low leaf/high leaf" style variety waiting to happen? image Sounds interesting.
    -Bob
    collections: Maryland related coins & exonumia, 7070 Type set, and Video Arcade Tokens.
    The Low Budget Y2K Registry Set
  • Options
    Sorry no pics on them will try some how to take some. The mint marks are P's . In one full roll i found 7 or 8 with the calf showing. Has anybody else found these?
  • Options
    Hello again, I took a picture as best as i could to show the calf over the banner.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Well thats very interesting! I just checked my Nevada's and the lower leg is not showing on any of them!

Perhaps Philadelphia is trying to keep up with the Denver mint boys!

I don't have a clue who you would contact but Coin World seems to be the spot most "discoverer's" migrate to.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    ????????????????????
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Options
    Can anybody tell me how to contact coin world? To find out if anybody else has reported this? I looked at these coins all night there is a difference in that leg. Maybe it will be like the Wisconsin quarter with the different leafs?
  • Options
    SciotoScioto Posts: 955

<< <i>Can anybody tell me how to contact coin world? To find out if anybody else has reported this? I looked at these coins all night there is a difference in that leg. Maybe it will be like the Wisconsin quarter with the different leafs?

>>

www.coinworld.com

Then

Contact Us
    GO AHEAD! I DOUBLE-DOG DARE YOU TO RATE ME A 1!
  • Options
    GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374
    Interesting die variety.I wonder what the mint sets would bring.......?????????.....image
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    Maybe I am missing something, what exatly is the photo of the Neveda coin showing? I have a few Neveda coins and one of mine seems to show the exact same theng. I checked it with a Loupe, but I guess I could be wrong. Just checking.
    Thank you.
    Tom

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file