Home Q & A Forum
Options

modern commemoratives

Hi all,Today is my first day here.I will give a quick history of my coin collecting addiction.About three years ago I started collecting.I was interested in type coins.As my collection progressed I realized I had amassed a bunch of ugly coins.So I got to the point I only wanted beautiful uncs and proofs.I was within six coins of completing my type set.As I became (picky) I realized I could not afford to keep going.So,I struggled with trying to find what I wanted to collect.To sum it all up I (LOVE) Gold Proof commemoratives......Now........Do You folks think this is a good investment?Presently I think my best set is the 2002 salt lake olympics,I think this has potential because the mintage was less than 9000 pieces....Please respond with some input as to the potential for modern gold commems.thanks...image
Better to curse the darkness than light a candle.

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭

I'm an old-timer so my brain stops in 1964, about the time the Beatles first appeared on the Ed Sullivan show!

That said...I like all the new issues and new commemoratives and feel they will be avidly collected in the future.

As for investment performance...only time will tell.

Thanks,

David