Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS "Bugs Bunny" Franklins

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
If ya want one, attributed by PCGS and labeled as "Bugs Bunny", run, don't walk, to the ShopAtHomeTV and have Robert Chambers and his sidekick sell one "Gem Brilliant Uncirculated Bug Bunny" PCGS 1955-P Franklins for ONLY $89.96 + $5.99 s&h

RUN
RUN
RUN

They might sell out image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    What is SAT?image
    "Im not young enough to know everything."
    Oscar Wilde

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
  • Options
    is he talkin about the Coin Vault?
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SAT....Shop At HomeTV (sorry....I just used SAT)....should have used SAH or Coin Vault....yes....it is them.
    I am too tired...going to sleep.....must resist impulse to buy from them.....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    what is this bugs bunny coin your talkin about?
  • Options
    I just looked at PCGS Price Guide and Population site and the 1955 Bugs Bunny is not listed under either. A 1955, not FBL, Franklin is listed at $65 in MS-65 and 200 in FBL.

Edited to add: You did not mention a grade.
    "Im not young enough to know everything."
    Oscar Wilde

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
  • Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭
    I have a bugs bunny franklin around here somewhere, Haven't looked at it in years, I think it had something to do with the lips on Ben.

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • Options
    Yes thats the one. Looks rather funny
  • Options
    GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is PCGS designating the 1955 bugs bunny half now or is PCGS only doing it for the Shop At home network??
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139

<< <i>what is this bugs bunny coin your talkin about? >>

A possible clashed Franklin half that is a promoter's dream: interesting yet common. Ben appears to have wicked fangs. It could have been named Uncle Milty or Bugs Bunny, the chosen latter one being slightly less dated. I have also heard them referred to as Vampires and Count Draculas. The next generation will have to come up with something akin to their contemporary icons that resemble it. I have a raw choice one I picked up decades ago for about $6 that I just keep around. I suspect a lot of folks have similar. It's more of an "oh, cool" coin than a scarcity.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    thanks for the explanation, and the above link to read about it fellas.

NOW I understand, which isnt a common event image
  • Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is PCGS designating the 1955 bugs bunny half now or is PCGS only doing it for the Shop At home network?? >>

Well i did have one around here somewhere, but maybe my little grandson nailed it for his little coin box collection. I got it at a local show, if i remember correctly it was graded uncerc or au by pcgs i think i gave either 25 or 35 for it.

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    I checked the website and they are $89.+ with no grade mentioned on the PCGS slab. Dang! I will never understand why PCGS does not recognize certain known, collectible varieties!

PegLegs come to mind. image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    More like the speared buffalo-bobs of the early 90's, when they were first popping up on Teletrade.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Where are all the folks bashing NGC for selling slabs on TV?imageimageimage
  • Options
    ccrccr Posts: 2,446
    Here is a mention of the " 1955 Bugs Bunny " variety: Franklin Half Instructional Series #20: 1955 Half Dollar by Frank the Pug. .

I think, though I maybe very much wrong, there is a 1956 Bugs Bunny but, extremely rare.
  • Options
    BB's exist for 1951,54,55,56, 59 and 1963.

edited to add 1959
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options

<< <i>If ya want one, attributed by PCGS and labeled as "Bugs Bunny", run, don't walk, to the ShopAtHomeTV and have Robert Chambers and his sidekick sell one "Gem Brilliant Uncirculated Bug Bunny" PCGS 1955-P Franklins for ONLY $89.96 + $5.99 s&h

RUN
    RUN
    RUN

They might sell out image >>

Sold out yet??image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file