Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My ANA Money Trip & Purchases---1/2 Cent, 3CS, H10c, 25C, 50C

Hi Folks,
As many of you know I live in Belgium now and don't get the chance to attend shows. Well I am attending a school in Norfolk, and was happy to see the ANA show was in Atlanta, "just" 595 miles away. Since my wife and kidos are not here, and I have a loaner car that does not depreciate (already has 222,000 miles), I decided to drive down.

We finished class early Friday, so I got a good start on the drive, and stayed on an AFB in South Carolina. Got up early Sat and finished the drive.... closer to 660 than 600. I spent 7 hours walking the floor.

I met many forum members for the first time... Tassa and Dennis at Jade, PQDollars and PQPeace, Laura (as opinionated in person as on the boards--no offense), Scarsdalecoin, and also met some of the staff from dealers I have bought from on the web.... JJTeaParty, DLRC, RARCOA, etc.

I made enough purchases to make my trip worthwhile, but missed a few I was hoping to find.

What I did buy...

1855 1/2 Cent, MS64BN (Upgrades AU55)
1862 3CS, MS63, clashed dies obv and rev, semi-PL, (Upgrades AU55 again) Link to Heritage Sale in 2003
1838 H10c, MS64 (Fills tough short lived type)
1831 25c, XF40, crusty busty
1925 50c Lexington-Concord, NGC AU58

None were bargains, but not too bad for cost.My Type Set

What i saw but did not buy...

1802? Draped Bust Dollar, VG10, priced at $1,350 (rougher obv, nice reverse)
180X Draped Bust Dime, AU53, priced at $775 (not the best obv, choice reverse)
183X Capped Bust Half Dimes (2) Both MS62 and about $525
Many MS63/64 Capped Bust Halves with clear wear.... my AU58s look much better.

What I wanted to find but didn't

Flowing Hair Half in low affordable grade
Flowing Hair Dollar in low affordable grade

Overall, a lot of driving, but glad I did it. Biggest show I have attended in decades.
Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file