Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I need a Philippine expert

The is an ebay auction for a 1909 S now at what seems to be a good price (so far that is)
What do you think?
Link to auction

Thanks for your help

Shep

Comments

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The seller's nasty comments about Paypal would raise a big red flag with me.
    https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    On the one hand, his high feedback (both rating and percentage) would put me at ease. On the other hand, as WillieBoyd2 mentioned, the guy's lunatic rantings about PayPal would make me think twice. If this is the way he communicates, what am I potentially getting myself into if problems arise?
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    Hmmm.....good advice, how about the coin itself, I don't have a 1909 s - and thought this would be a good one at this price..?????
    Shep
  • Options
    koincollectkoincollect Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    I have bought many times from this seller and never had a problem. Feel comfortable to bid on his items..image
  • Options
    Ah, Thanks Koin, - I think he is an ok seller - he just has a thing about paypal.
    Shep
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten a few things from him as well. No problems ever, the guy just doesn't like paypal. He's had that comment, word for word, in his auctions for ages. I would buy from him again.

Cathy

• Options
    21Walker21Walker Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭
    Hi Shep, That Peso is OK for a hole filler, here's a link to a nicer one that comes up in a few day (i am not affiliated with the sale of this one), just thought it nicer........Rick

1909S Peso
    If don't look like UNC, it probrably isn't UNC.....U.S. Coast Guard. Chief Petty Officer (Retired) (1970-1990)

EBAY Items
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrlamir
  • Options
    Thanks Rick - it is better - I think I will try a snipe on it.
    Shep
  • Options
    nothing wrong with the seller - I have bid on a number of his coins and always had good dealings with him. he even advised me to walk away from one of his auctions that I won because the coin did not fit in with the grades of the other coins that I had been buying from him.
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭
    Hi Shep, here are some basic guidelines for the 09-S Peso.

VF <$10
    EF <$20
    AU <$40
    Unc <$80

The 09-S is the most common of the pesos so you should be able to find a nice coin at a reasonable price. Be patient. There are lots of nice examples out there.

imageimage
  • Options
    Yup its a common year, so go for the nicer ones. Still and all, I don't think the seller has any problems. He has terms, and as long as you follow them there shouldn't be any problems. I've won a few auctions from him too so I can say that with confidence

There are a few crazy ones though. I know one from the Philippines who was kicked out of ebay SEVERAL times coming back several times using several other people's names
    This is fun! =)