Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Proof positive that the Lincoln market is strong regardless of the Registry.

DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
Two 1936 DDO2 varieties in MS66 have sold for $7,500 this year, and it is not a registry coin!

Link to latest sale!
Doug

Comments

• Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

Imagine what a 1958 Double Die Obverse would bring in an auction.......and that is also not a registry coin.

Stewart
  • Options
    No chit. There would be a lot of left nuts offered up if a 58 DDO was auctioned.

The 36 DDO2 is not really a great DDO, I guess I was just stunned that it would be a $7,500 coin in PCGS MS66.

Maybe I'll win the next lotto and ......

Doug
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the prices on the 1922 weak D (non-registry), they're sky high.
  • Options
    I agree! I sold this G06 weak D for $280 LINK and I was shocked!
    Doug
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Of course you guys are referring to "No D, Weak Reverse's" & not "Weak D's" image
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How's about those 7 1982 Lincoln varieties? Man they are hot at only $1.99 a set! They too are still not in the registry. image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Imagine what a 1958 Double Die Obverse would bring in an auction.......and that is also not a registry coin.

Stewart >>

Do you know anybody who owns one?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>Of course you guys are referring to "No D, Weak Reverse's" & not "Weak D's" image >>

Did we stutter?
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    The registry just carries a few pop tops to values above where the would be without a registry. The current market conditions in general carry the general increase of 99.99 % of coins' price increases. Most all references that prices, or price increases are due to the registry are just "sour grapes" from those collectors who are either priced out of the market, or those dealers who don't deal in certain market segments that are doing well, imho.
  • Options

<< <i>How's about those 7 1982 Lincoln varieties? Man they are hot at only $1.99 a set! They too are still not in the registry. >>

I've been selling pcgs graded 1982's of all 7 varieties to many different persons!

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>How's about those 7 1982 Lincoln varieties? Man they are hot at only $1.99 a set! They too are still not in the registry. >>

I've been selling pcgs graded 1982's of all 7 varieties to many different persons! >>

And not for $1.99 a set either!
    Doug
  • Options
    Here's a 22 set to end soon, MS62 Brown:
    1922 weak D
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The registry just carries a few pop tops to values above where the would be without a registry. The current market conditions in general carry the general increase of 99.99 % of coins' price increases. Most all references that prices, or price increases are due to the registry are just "sour grapes" from those collectors who are either priced out of the market, or those dealers who don't deal in certain market segments that are doing well, imho. >>

Most of these sour grape collectors would have us believe
    that these coins wouldn't even be collected if not for the registry, that the only reason to
    collect crap is to compete with others collecting crap. I seriously doubt the registry has much
    to do with the price of any coin. Just because two registry collectors are bidding up a specific
    coin doesn't mean the same two wouldn't be bidding it up if there were no registry.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    The top pop (?) 65BN Weak D sold on eBay a year or 2 ago for about $575.

There is a VAST difference in value between the Weak D & the Weak Reverse.

I also don't understand why on some of the "weak D's" you can see the D with the naked eye (even in some krappy pictures) but for others you can't. On some even with a loop it's near impossible to see it yet PCGS still calls it "Weak D". Seems a need for a further class (ification).
  • Options
    I agree, but my point is, the weak D isn't included in the variety set yet it continues to draw large dollars.
  • Options
    ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Imagine what a 1958 Double Die Obverse would bring in an auction.......and that is also not a registry coin.

Stewart >>

Is it too rare to be collectible for the average-regular-fantastically-wealthy?
  • Options
    The 1922 weak D goes off in 3 hours. Any guesses as to price?
  • Options
    wow! That was a pretty good price for that coin.

PCGS has made two 63 red "Weak D's" and one 64 I believe.

Doug