Home Sports Talk
Options

Merry Xmas T.O! Santa's Got A Whoopin' For Ya!!!

I will be there with bells on.

News from Philly -

T.O. T.0. T.O., Merry Christmas

Guess who's coming down the chimney this December?

Terrell Owens will make his return to Philadelphia as a Dallas Cowboy on Christmas Day, Comcast SportsNet reported last night.

An Eagles spokesman said he could not confirm the report. The prime-time schedule for the opening weekend was released last week. The full NFL schedule is to be released tomorrow.

The Christmas encounter presumably will be the second of the two scheduled meetings between the Birds and their most bitter NFC East rivals, with the Eagles playing at Dallas earlier in the season.

Christmas is on a Monday this year. It isn't clear whether this will be a Monday night game.

T.O. last played at the Linc on Oct. 23, a 20-17 Eagles victory over San Diego.

The Eagles never have played on Christmas Day.

Comments

• Options
    The only question will be how many times will we see T.O doing " the Bird " in the center of the field that day

Im guessing at least twice !

Dave
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>The only question will be how many times will we see T.O doing " the Bird " in the center of the field that day

Im guessing at least twice !

Dave >>

More likely, the "Dead Duck."

Keith
  • Options
    When T.O stood on the star against us George Teague came from nowhere to smash him

How funny would it be if T.O tried it against you guys and Mcnabb sprinted from the sidelines to clobber Owens lol

Dave
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>When T.O stood on the star against us George Teague came from nowhere to smash him

How funny would it be if T.O tried it against you guys and Mcnabb sprinted from the sidelines to clobber Owens lol

Dave >>

It would be pretty funny, and I'll bet a few fans might make it to him before McNabb.

If he tries his act in Philly there will be bedlam.

The Philly folks are already praying for snow.

My room at the hotel that's usually the visiting team lodging will be booked this week. Dallas stayed there last year. I always stay there if a room is available.

Make friends with the concierge, grease his palm and get the info on the team's arrival, when and where the players are going in town, etc.

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>When T.O stood on the star against us George Teague came from nowhere to smash him

Dave >>

Except McNabb would get hurt on the run out and be out for the season.

• Options
    Mcnabb tackle somebody?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    gotta love the media and the nfl working hand to hand on this 1!! ??
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Whaaa? Ain't nothin. What's it mean???????.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options

<< <i>gotta love the media and the nfl working hand to hand on this 1!! ?? >>

Of course, the NFL still thinks they have to sell the sizzle, when they already have the steak.

Instead of trying to force controversy, and force these types of matchups, people would much rather watch good games with compelling matchups, not be blasted 24/7 with TO/Eagle stuff.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Cowboys & TO lovers here forget one important thing. Andy Reid coached TO, remember? Reid knows all of his weaknesses and TO will be a non-factor in that game. Possibly he catches a late meaningless touchdown pass. Eagles win that game by two touchdowns.
  • Options

<< <i>The Cowboys & TO lovers here forget one important thing. Andy Reid coached TO, remember? Reid knows all of his weaknesses and TO will be a non-factor in that game. Possibly he catches a late meaningless touchdown pass. Eagles win that game by two touchdowns. >>

That's a funny one. The eagles couldn't even cover Glenn with Keyshawn on the other side. Owens will manhandle the eagles Dbs. There is nothing more dangerous than a T.O. with something to prove! The only question is if Dallas o-line can hold up. If so the eagles will be in trouble. The eagles dbs got exposed last year with no pass rush.
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>The Cowboys & TO lovers here forget one important thing. Andy Reid coached TO, remember? Reid knows all of his weaknesses and TO will be a non-factor in that game. Possibly he catches a late meaningless touchdown pass. Eagles win that game by two touchdowns. >>

Dude you gotta stop drunk-posting.

What weaknesses does TO have? I've never seen him shut down by anyone on a consistent basis, and it sure as hell aint gonna be philly.

• Options
    I promise you that Owens will be a "hurtin' Cowboy" after that game is over.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    The Eagles might really really want to make a statement against the Cowboys but honestly, the Cowboys will crush them. It's not even close.
  • Options
    By Christmas the Eagles will be so far out of the running it wont really matter.
    Superdave
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them-Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    image lets hear it for the morons ...

Eagles will have a pass rush this season, and that will flow back to the secondary. Like it did the previous season. Dallas has no running game, a poor offensive line, and major holes on defense.

The Eagles have a nice position in the draft, and will add several more players. Maybe Javon Walker even ...

Axtell is 100% accurate this time - TO has ZERO weaknesses (besides ego and attitude) and he will perform. He is the BEST receiver in football (by a good margin) and TO will score on the Eagles, I am already counting on that. I think that is all that TO will care about. If the Eagles beat em, then who cares. I know he won't care.

BTW, you cowboy fans are basing your team's success on TO. Philly and San Fran did as well. I don't think that he will "act out" like he has this season, but with TO one never knows. Parcells was against his signing (although the CU cowboys fans won't admit it) and it could very well blow up in Jerry Jones face(lift)
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Dallas has no running game, a poor offensive line, and major holes on defense.

Last time i checked you guys didn't come close to avg. 100 yrds a game on the ground last year

Westbrook is a better reciever than he is a runningback

Major holes on defense ? The only position we need to upgrade is free safety and last i checked were allowed to draft players this April as well

Dave
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Dallas has no running game, a poor offensive line, and major holes on defense.

Now that was a very thoughtful post! LOL eagles are finished mcwuss is not a leader neither is reid enjoy the basement for 3 more years!
  • Options

<< <i>image lets hear it for the morons ...

Eagles will have a pass rush this season, and that will flow back to the secondary. Like it did the previous season. Dallas has no running game, a poor offensive line, and major holes on defense.
    >>

What makes you say the Eagles will have a pass rush? You're basing your entire team's success on this factor?

<< <i>The Eagles have a nice position in the draft, and will add several more players. Maybe Javon Walker even ...
    >>

And if you do get Walker, teams will double team him as they have no other credible weapons. Why do you think they haven't picked him up yet, if he's such a good WR and he'd fit so well?
  • Options
    What makes you say the Eagles will have a pass rush? You're basing your entire team's success on this factor?

Darren Howard and Kearse make a formidable duo, and even IDIOTS know that a good pass rush makes the secondary better.

And if you do get Walker, teams will double team him as they have no other credible weapons. Why do you think they haven't picked him up yet, if he's such a good WR and he'd fit so well?

and to think I thought you had slightly more brain power than these CU cowboy fans ... who always provide inept posts.

McNabb is the best QB in the NFC. Reggie Brown will have a better year than any Buc WR. Westbrook is the best all-purpose back in the NFL, and Gaffney is going to have his breakout year. Add the potential of Walker ...
  • Options
    Here is something all you philly fans know but wont admit.

T.O is a head case and nobody liked him on a personal level, but he was the best reciever your team has ever had. So Reid and Lurie decided to let him go without a replacement or at least an upgrade. By the way I'm tired of hearing about Reggie Brown, He sucks just as much as Pinkston does. Your best reciever this year is going to be Brian Westbrook a runningback. Thats SAD!!!. With McChoke at the controls and Reid calling the plays plus those sorry recievers . 8-8 season at best. You know it so get ready for it.

I keep hearing that this move was good for the your team? Ok idiots.... how does the best reciever in football going to the Cowboys benefit you? Considering he is in your division and plays you twice a year and on top of that he's mad as hell with somthing to prove....dawkins, sheppard, and brown couldn't cover Keyshawn and Glenn. How in the world are they going to cover T.O. and Glenn. Your are in trouble eagles fans! Believe It. Get your Flyer tickets for Janaury now to beat the rush because your beloved birds will be sitting at home.

I think the problem with you guys is your city hasn't won a major sports championship in almost 25 years and your eagles in almost 50 years....50 YEARS. Your optimism is getting harder and harder muster every off season. "We're really good enough to win it this year ...our pass rush has really improved" Geez talk about inept, but keep thinking that nonsense maybe it'll keep you from jumping into the Delaware River.

Let me show you what Reid,Kotite,Rhodes,Ryan,Vermiel,Campbell and all the rest have been promising you every year....and we have five and took a giant step to a sixth when T.O. came to town, See you October 8th

Superdave

It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them-Adlai Stevenson
  • Options

<< <i>What makes you say the Eagles will have a pass rush? You're basing your entire team's success on this factor?

Darren Howard and Kearse make a formidable duo, and even IDIOTS know that a good pass rush makes the secondary better. >>

No, really? A pass rush makes the secondary better? NO WAY! Of course I know that, you dope...I am simply saying it's pretty presumptuous to say 'we're gonna have a great year because our pass rush is going to be so great!'

<< <i>

and to think I thought you had slightly more brain power than these CU cowboy fans ... who always provide inept posts.

McNabb is the best QB in the NFC. Reggie Brown will have a better year than any Buc WR. Westbrook is the best all-purpose back in the NFL, and Gaffney is going to have his breakout year. Add the potential of Walker ... >>

Best QB in the NFC? Are you sure about that? Brown is better than Clayton or Galloway? Hah. Best all purpose back in the NFL? Better than Ladanian?

And you call MY posts inept? Get real. The eagles are filled with a group of average, mediocre players and an above average QB. Your team will struggle to .500 this year.

• Options
    <<< 50 YEARS. >>>

I still wouldn't trade my Eagles for your stinkin' Cowboys!!!

Watch, listen and learn as the Eagles sweep the Cowboys this season - it will happen!
  • Options
    we didn't get Walker ... I was wrong

but Brown is pretty goooooooood