Jack Huggins 298
James Moores 294
Bruce Benoit 257

Runnersup:

Thomas Klunzinger 229
Bill Kamb 203
Bruce Perdue 168
Michael Doran 118

I thank everyone who participated in the election, and I also wish the new board the best of luck.
DORAN COINS - On Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), & www.dorancoins.net - UPCOMING SHOWS (tentative dates)- 10/8/2023 - Fairfield, IL, 11/5/2023 - Urbana, IL., 12/3/2023 - Mattoon, IL.

Comments

• Options
    The first time I openned this thread there was no message. Glad you put something back up because I couldn't figure out what CSNS stood for.

Jerry
  • Options
    dorancoinsdorancoins Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just got the results of the Central States elections - here they are:

2006 Central States Numismatic Society Election Results

President

William Brandimore 575

Vice President

Patti Finner 507

Governor (1st ten elected)

Ray Lockwood 429
    Wendell Wolka (tie) 392
    Paul Padget (tie) 392
    Glen Jorde 379
    Don Charters 353
    Harry Tileston 346
    Karen Jach 323
    Jack Huggins 298
    James Moores 294
    Bruce Benoit 257

Runnersup:

Thomas Klunzinger 229
    Bill Kamb 203
    Bruce Perdue 168
    Michael Doran 118

I thank everyone who participated in the election, and I also wish the new board the best of luck. >>

Again, thanks!
    DORAN COINS - On Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), & www.dorancoins.net - UPCOMING SHOWS (tentative dates)- 10/8/2023 - Fairfield, IL, 11/5/2023 - Urbana, IL., 12/3/2023 - Mattoon, IL.
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570
    imageimageimage
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options

Mike it looks like you got 118 votes. This is troubling. I voted for you 117 times and you voted once for yourself. That equals 118. The troubling part is that your wife must have voted for someone else. I think she is having an affair with one of the new govenors.
    www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • Options
    imageimageimage

Well, Dennis, I didn't win, but it is no loss to anyone. I do know that politics in the hobby can be downright dirty, and this election didn't have much of that outside of some whinning and complaining about me from certain well-know elements in the hobby. I know for a fact that I don't fit into someone's "good ol' boy" image, and as far as I'm concerned, thats fine with me. The "good ol' boys (and girls) need to be voted out of the major organizations in our hobby - and I know for a fact that they (the good ol' boys) hate me, dislike me, and are so afraid of me that if I ran, for instance, in the ANA (which is not doable for me right now), I know that they will rig the election to keep me out. All I have to say is that those who do such dirty trickery will hang themselves sooner or later. You must remember why Walter Ostromecki was booted out of ANA - he was not one of the "good ol' boys" and they couldn't shove their "hidden agenda" down everyone's thorats without someone with a good conscience knowing about it.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a pretty active collector image who lives in the midwest and belongs to CSNS, and I have never heard of any of these people. How can that be? Who are they?
  • Options
    wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭
    Mike it looks like you got 118 votes. This is troubling. I voted for you 117 times and you voted once for yourself. That equals 118. The troubling part is that your wife must have voted for someone else. I think she is having an affair with one of the new govenors.

Dennis, actually, I voted for Mike too. So, that must mean your assumption that he voted for himself is incorrect.

WH
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, Dennis, I didn't win, but it is no loss to anyone. I do know that politics in the hobby can be downright dirty, and this election didn't have much of that outside of some whinning and complaining about me from certain well-know elements in the hobby. I know for a fact that I don't fit into someone's "good ol' boy" image, and as far as I'm concerned, thats fine with me. The "good ol' boys (and girls) need to be voted out of the major organizations in our hobby - and I know for a fact that they (the good ol' boys) hate me, dislike me, and are so afraid of me that if I ran, for instance, in the ANA (which is not doable for me right now), I know that they will rig the election to keep me out. All I have to say is that those who do such dirty trickery will hang themselves sooner or later. You must remember why Walter Ostromecki was booted out of ANA - he was not one of the "good ol' boys" and they couldn't shove their "hidden agenda" down everyone's thorats without someone with a good conscience knowing about it.

Michael - Never mind the negative cr*p. Tell us right now what you would have done if elected and maybe some of us will be more likely to vote for you next time.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options

<< <i>Well, Dennis, I didn't win, but it is no loss to anyone. I do know that politics in the hobby can be downright dirty, and this election didn't have much of that outside of some whinning and complaining about me from certain well-know elements in the hobby. I know for a fact that I don't fit into someone's "good ol' boy" image, and as far as I'm concerned, thats fine with me. The "good ol' boys (and girls) need to be voted out of the major organizations in our hobby - and I know for a fact that they (the good ol' boys) hate me, dislike me, and are so afraid of me that if I ran, for instance, in the ANA (which is not doable for me right now), I know that they will rig the election to keep me out. All I have to say is that those who do such dirty trickery will hang themselves sooner or later. You must remember why Walter Ostromecki was booted out of ANA - he was not one of the "good ol' boys" and they couldn't shove their "hidden agenda" down everyone's thorats without someone with a good conscience knowing about it.

Michael - Never mind the negative cr*p. Tell us right now what you would have done if elected and maybe some of us will be more likely to vote for you next time. >>

First of all, Andy, I wasn't being negative - I was just telling what is essentially the truth (and, of course, telling it like it isimage.) My platform included the following: term limits for the board members and the secretary-treasuer (to lessen entrenchment), to allow auction companies other than Heritage an opportunity to be Central States' auctioneer, and make it where both the President and Vice President cannot be from the same state at the same time (as what has just happened in this election) to prevent one state from having an unfair advantage in matters such as show location.

I have to tell everyone that this election was fair though the soon-to-be Past President was giving me unneccessary lectures about the content of my campaign website (which was taken down when the ballots came out in March) and I felt that the writing was on the wall. Honestly, I wasn't expected to win this election anyway and I had to keep this in mind. Quite frankly, I'm glad that I lost this election, which is something I rarely ever say, but in light of all the simageimageimage that I had to deal with.

Democracy in the hobby must never be tampered with, but some people will do anything to get the results they want. My advice to those who believe in democracy - never lower yourself and believe in what is just and right.

This election has now passed, and the new board will have plenty of work to do. I just hope that the common good outweigh that of personal agendas. As I said, I wish the new board the best of luck.
  • Options

<< <i>Mike it looks like you got 118 votes. This is troubling. I voted for you 117 times and you voted once for yourself. That equals 118. The troubling part is that your wife must have voted for someone else. I think she is having an affair with one of the new govenors.

Dennis, actually, I voted for Mike too. So, that must mean your assumption that he voted for himself is incorrect.

WH >>

Thank you, Wayne, for your vote in this election. image
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    You need to get out more RYK. I only get to about four shows a year but I know the VP, four of the Governors, and two of the runners up.

Michael, I take it this means you won't be in Columbus. image
  • Options

<< <i>You need to get out more RYK. I only get to about four shows a year but I know the VP, four of the Governors, and two of the runners up.

Michael, I take it this means you won't be in Columbus. image >>

Condor101, thats correct. Have too much on my plate at home anyways.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file