Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

U.S. Dimes Complete Set, Circulation Strikes (1796-present)

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
Thanks to BJ and PCGS for starting this set.

Add your 456 dimes today! imageimage

Later, Paul.

Edited to add: I added 4 today. I'm not adding coins all night long, not that I have 400+ dimes. I will add a few now and then.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    Neat

So where's the Non FB 1965-date Roosie set. Is pcgs leaving it out on purpose to try to get people to only collect fb's? (And submit coins over and over to try to get the designation?)
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've started putting my set out there. Got the Roosies to do yet. My keying finger got tired.image

Finished! Shooting for 50% now.

Jon
  • Options
    This set will be awesome if completed in 100%. I don't think it can be done in PCGS holders. There are a few dimes that have pops <10 in all grades and I believe that there is 1 or 2 with the highest graded in AU58. Very difficult to obtain a nice example of every YR/MM, not to mention you have to have alot of $$$!

I'm sure that the grade spectrum will be fully hit with grades ranging from PO01 and AG03 to MS68FB and MS69FB. Heck, I own a few of those low grade coins in 3 and 6 and I'm very happy to do so!

Nice start to your set Dimeman!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    AZLARRYAZLARRY Posts: 1,189 ✭✭
    Nice set Dimeman, that looks like a very challenging set.
  • Options
    Paul,

You are correct on how tuff some of these little babies can be. I WILL be hitting all grades on the really tuff ones.

Jon
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool set. However:

1) the 73-CC no arrows should be added as an optional coin [at least]

2) I think that complete sets like these should be allowed to mix both proofs and circ strikes - like the old timers did.
  • Options
    I personally don't think or want the coins like the 73-cc na or the 94-s to be added. And I for sure don't think proofs should be allowed.

JMHO

Jon
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    There's a new set in the complete dimes - The SC Collection. Who are you and let us see your coins.

Jon
  • Options
    I was bored and added a few dimes. Its alot of work!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Thanks AZLarry and welcome to the dime guy group Don.

Jon
  • Options
    Just to let everyone know that Mistercoinman has talked me into opening my 1965-date Circ FB Roosie set.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    I guess now I have not choice but to open my set! Thanks Paulimage
  • Options
    I hope they due a proof version of the dimes too!
  • Options

<< <i>I hope they due a proof version of the dimes too! >>

I'm sure that this is going to happen soon. I will be active in this set as well as I have been working on the Proof dimes for years.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Although I have collected dimes for years I don't own a single proof. I don't think of them as coins but more-like commemoratives. image
  • Options

<< <i>Although I have collected dimes for years I don't own a single proof. I don't think of them as coins but more-like commemoratives. image >>

Ya better get with the program, or you'll be eatin' my dust!!!!!!!! image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Just added a beautiful 1948-S PCGS MS67FB Roosie from Onlyroosies! Also added a couple others.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    We have yet another new player in the mix and he has ALL THE MERCS. Need I say more.

I believe it is Larry Shapiro (<----spelled right?)

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Sure wish the SC collection guy/gal would speak up and open his/her set for everyone to see.

Jon
  • Options
    dunerlawdunerlaw Posts: 387 ✭✭
    I just added that set.
    It will be a super challenge to get 50% complete.
    Not Larry Shapiro's
    But I've purchased 15-20 of the merc dimes from him (or the heritage FUN auction).
    Larry Martin
  • Options
    Larry,

Sorry we mistook you for Larry S.

Welcome to the club of dime lovers.

Jon
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was Larry Shapiro too. Nice looking set Larry M.
  • Options

<< <i>I just added that set.
    It will be a super challenge to get 50% complete.
    Not Larry Shapiro's
    But I've purchased 15-20 of the merc dimes from him (or the heritage FUN auction).
    Larry Martin >>

Larry, My apologies...I thought that brilliant set of Mercs, especially with a 16-D 66FB was non other the Shapiro's set.

Let me say: image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    OK Your not Larry, so what esle do you collect!! Welcome from the dime guys!!!
  • Options
    dunerlawdunerlaw Posts: 387 ✭✭
    Thanks guys.
    I collect collect mainly mercury dimes.
    Have been for 30 years.
    Since my mercury set is complete,
    I decided to expand into the rest of the U.S. dimes.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that complete sets like these should be allowed to mix both proofs and circ strikes - like the old timers did.

TDN - Do you mean that the proofs and uncs would be interchangeable? How would that work when ranking sets? Would a PR66 1885 nickel outrank an MS65?
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    I can't believe how far back I have fallen in this set. Lots of competition too. image

I used to be 5th, then 6th for a while, and just the other day I found myself in 8th place. image

I really don't mind though, I love looking at those incredible sets above me. Gives me motivation!!!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    I would STILL love to see the SC collection!!!!!!!

Why hide, come on out and let us see your coins. Isn't that what this is all about?????

Jon
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consider obtaining an 1804 or 1874-cc early on because it will only get harder and more costly to find these 2.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

<< <i>I would STILL love to see the SC collection!!!!!!!

Why hide, come on out and let us see your coins. Isn't that what this is all about?????

Jon >>

image I know who owns this set. Due to confidentiality I can't say in public. I'm sure someday this person will let everyone see his or her fine collection.

Probably when they take over #1 image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    I've had the 1804 and the 74-CC. Heck, I have had them all, but it takes two 1804's to complete this set, so I have never had the complete set as described here. But with enough time and money I will someday complete this set.

Jon
  • Options

<< <i>I've had the 1804 and the 74-CC. Heck, I have had them all, but it takes two 1804's to complete this set, so I have never had the complete set as described here. But with enough time and money I will someday complete this set.

Jon >>

The problem with these two dates/MM is this 1804 is one of those special years possibly due to the famous 1804 dollar and Carson City coins are ALWAYS popular.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.