Home Metal Detecting
Options

Schoolyard Finds: Silver, gold and weapons

Hit a large woodchip play area located on the premises of a school. Haven't been there since last year, and it showed.
Found a very small 18k ring, another 14k ring, a .925 silver cross, and some hair clip thing which looks nice, but fake.
Also found a very nice little knuckle knife that certainly would have gotten any kid suspended for months if caught.
Found a pile of clad too totalling $7 or so. Was still getting dings galore when some little kids headed over, so I moved on to give them the run of the place.

JJ

Comments

• Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Those are awesome finds JJ!!! I must admit, I have never seen a knife like that one in your picture. I can only think of one reason for that style knife and if that's a woodchip tot-lot the kid that carried wasn't needing it for disecting class!
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    In a Tot Lot? image
    Nice finds!!
  • Options
    Well, it was an elementary school lot, grades 1 to 6 I believe.
    Probably a case of a kid bringing something to school they think is cool - Then having their day ruined when they lose dads/big brothers knuckle knife.
    I used to bring knives and chains to school when I was a kid, went to some pretty tough schools.
    I can't beleive things are very rough in the suburban school I found this at.
    JJ
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JJ69.........Nice finds.
    Al
  • Options
    Found another gold ring today at a woodchip playground [no weapons this time]. Marked 18k, with 4 stones that are likely real.
    Almost passed this one by, and I'll tell you why.
    It showed in the foil range, and I know gold sometimes does this. But this signal was bouncing around all over the foil scale, which on the 250 I beleive has 3 notches, one on either side of a nickel. It bounced to all 3, and gold usually tends to stay on one consistantly.
    In other words, this ring was acting exactly like foil, and having seen 1,000's of foil signals do this, and foil being very common in tot lots, I almost passed, but it had a very crisp pinpoint, so I dug it up under a couple inches of chips, and there is was.
    Also found some misc junk lewelry, and about $5 in clad.

JJ
  • Options
    Good job JJ. In tot lots, I dig every target. I want to get it clean. That
    way I don't waste time on my next vist.

Lerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    Nice haul of gold JJ!

I see the Yeller Feller is working nicely!

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage