Home Sports Talk
Options

If Jimmy Rollins breaks the hitting streak record...

2»

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Axhole that is the most ridicoulous statement you could have made. You are saying that he never got a 'home town ruling' ? That he never beat out a dribbler that was bobbled and the local scorer gave him the hit? Thaqt not once a fly ball that tipped off an outfielders glove was recorded as a hit and not an error? What does talk radio have to do with anything? he plays out in the boondocks (do they even have a radio station out there)?
    >>

How dumb can one person be? I said I DIDN'T KNOW becuase I didn't watch every single at bat. Do you not read? Or do you not care what I said? I made the comment about talk radio because (as anyone who listens to it) any tiny little bit of controversy erupts into a huge thing. What didn't you understand about my post?

<< <i>
    jeese louise you are something, that great icon of yours never got the benefit of the doubt for even 1 hit? Because you did not hear about it?

I have a bridge I can sell you.

Steve >>

As I stated BEFORE, I said I DIDN'T SEE EVERY AT BAT you simple minded twit. I also said that I DIDN'T KNOW IF HE BENEFITTED from any hometown bias in the scoring. I said I can't comment, NEITHER CAN YOU, you dope.

Now, turn out the lights, it's bedtime for you.

• Options

<< <i>I went bowling with a buddy one night for midnight bowling. It was like 10 bucks, and all you can bowl for the night or something, so we both set up 2 games each in the scoring machine - meaning Every Other time we bowled, it went to a different score (william's game 1, then my game 1, then william's game 2, then my game 2, then back to the top)
    Well, my buddy bowled a Strike, then spare, then strike then split, then strike then spare, then strike then open, then strike, then open....etc, etc for 9 frames!
    So the first game he had going, on the scoreboard for everyone to see, was NINE Consecutive perfect strikes going into the 10th and final frame. Now he did not get the perfect 300, as he did not strike out the 10th but IF he had, would that be a perfect game? I mean, techically everytime he bowled in THAT game's frames, he got a strike, so he COULD have gotten it, right!?
    >>

That's an incredibly flawed analogy...and has nothing to do with the hitting streak. Yes, the scoreboard would have shown a perfect game, but everyone there would have seen it wasn't truly a perfect game. Nice try though.

<< <i>
    Ok, so now let me ask you this.

Did Tiger win the "Grand Slam" when he won all four major touneys in a row, but did not do it all in the same year??

Yes, he held all 4 trophies at once, it's a grand slam.

<< <i>
    this was a big source of controversy for a time in the golf world. Most people like tiger and want him to be the god of the game, so they say it is ok that he did it the way he did it, but purists are not so quick to accept it.

if you say Tiger DID get the Grand Slam, then Jimmy can spread his hits over two seasons

but if you said Tiger Did NOT get it officially, then no, Jimmy cant use two different seasons.
    >>

By purists you mean old timers who feel today's players can't hold a candle to the old ones...just like in baseball. I get the feeling you are one of those 'old timers'.

<< <i>And while it might not SAY "single season" in the record books, I think that is the spirt of the record.
    as there have likely never been anyone else who wrapped around to second season with a streak like this.
    >>

Really, the 'spirit' of the record? Who's to say? Consecutive games is consecutive games...I doubt they were thinking 'hmm let's make sure we dont include streaks over 2 seasons'.

<< <i>***(plus, do post season hits count? what if he had a streak going, missed hits in the post season, then picked back up in the next season... seems suspect to me) >>

No, regular season is different than post season.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Ok Axhole fair enough. I and you did not see every at bat. HOW CAN YOU COMMENT ON DIMAGGIO THEN??? Cuz you read somewhere>? Did you see every Dimmagio at bat??

I await your typical stupid answer.

Oh and by the way........the law of averages say that ICHIRO did get a few hits thaton other days could have been called error.

As for talk radio when Idchiro got his (for example) 33 hit of the season and it quite possibly could have been an error who would have known? or cared for that matter? it was only when he began to threaten the record that people would have even noticed!

as for how stupid can someone be, you have shown many here just that.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok Axhole fair enough. I and you did not see every at bat. HOW CAN YOU COMMENT ON DIMAGGIO THEN??? Cuz you read somewhere>? Did you see every Dimmagio at bat??

>>

Ax thinks he can comment on Joe D. because he ia a NY Yankee. He obviously slurped up every bit of writing ever made that pointed to "biased" rulings in his favor. If Joe D was NOT a NY Yankee Ax would USE Joe D's record as ammo for arguements against more NY Yankees. And THAT is Axtell's M.O.

The sun does indeed SHINE on the a$$ of fools every now and then, like it did this past week as Axtell slapped me around. That said, this was equivalent to the poor sap in 1849 pulling FOOLS gold out of the stream.

Up yours Ax! Win Pitch has OWNED you in this thread. As you show no capability to answer when called out ....... like myself who can take a slap in the face. Its obvious to everybody here that you IGNORE requests of explanation of your wayward thoughts. Instead you fill in with more propaganda ..... Jimmy Rollins (very nice ball player) turns out to be not even a pimple on Joe D's A$$ image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

<< <i>
    Ax thinks he can comment on Joe D. because he ia a NY Yankee. He obviously slurped up every bit of writing ever made that pointed to "biased" rulings in his favor. If Joe D was NOT a NY Yankee Ax would USE Joe D's record as ammo for arguements against more NY Yankees. And THAT is Axtell's M.O.
    >>

The historical evidence points out that (a) the yankees hometown scorer was the official scorer during the streak and (b) that several of the 'hits' would have been scored as errors by anyone not the yankees scorer.

<< <i>Up yours Ax! Win Pitch has OWNED you in this thread. As you show no capability to answer when called out ....... like myself who can take a slap in the face. Its obvious to everybody here that you IGNORE requests of explanation of your wayward thoughts. Instead you fill in with more propaganda ..... Jimmy Rollins (very nice ball player) turns out to be not even a pimple on Joe D's A$$ image >>

He's owned me? I stated from the start that I, nor anyone else, could possibly watch any one players entire season of at bats, so I couldn't comment one way or the other about the legitimacy of every single one of his hits. What can also be said, is that WP can't say for certain Ichiro didn't earn every single one of those hits, either.

How did I ignore his requests? He asked about something I didn't post, I clarified, he wanted further information about something I DIDN'T SAY.

Just because he lacks basic reading comprehension skills, doesn't mean he OWNED anything.
  • Options
    More blather form axhole the idiot.

You stated from the start? you conviently ignored the question at first.

I agree, every one of Ichiros infield hits (all 109) of them were clean. The other 116 (singles) were hard hit judys. The extra base hits (like the one I saw that dribbled out in front of the plate) was indeed a power stroke.

Go back under the bed now Hole, suck ya thumb. leave the baseball talk to the men. (who know what they are talking about)

You can't comment cuz you did not see everyone of his at bats is a lame attempt Hole, lame very lame.

Disclaimer.........I am not trying to diminish what Ichiro accomplished. Just pointing out how much of a hole Hole is.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

"hole Hole?" image

Love it.
  • Options
    Should that have been:

......a hole, Hole is?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>
    I agree, every one of Ichiros infield hits (all 109) of them were clean. The other 116 (singles) were hard hit judys. The extra base hits (like the one I saw that dribbled out in front of the plate) was indeed a power stroke.
    >>

You're a simple-minded twit, an idiot of the highest power. You have no business being here, as the only posts you make are in response to my posts; you start no new threads, you contribute nothing to discussions but to spite me. Why do you spew so much hate? Does it suck so much being you that you have to come here and run your yap nonstop? Were you abused as a child? Your wife not giving you enough attention?

<< <i>Go back under the bed now Hole, suck ya thumb. leave the baseball talk to the men. (who know what they are talking about)
    >>

You DON'T TALK BASEBALL, you only TALK HATE. You're a baboon. Get back to the zoo.

<< <i>You can't comment cuz you did not see everyone of his at bats is a lame attempt Hole, lame very lame.
    >>

It's lame? It's the truth, is it not? The hits I saw (and I saw a lot) all were clean and legitimate. The only lame thing here is your nonstop bickering and hate with me. Grow up you twit!

<< <i>Disclaimer.........I am not trying to diminish what Ichiro accomplished. Just pointing out how much of a hole Hole is.
    >>

You are simply being an arrogant ass, who has to pick a fight with me over any tiny thing I post. Get a life you buffoon.
  • Options
    lol seems I struck a nerve. I suggest you practice what you preach.

Hate? who starts with the name calling? moi? no........

The truth of the matter is you shot your mouth off regarding something that you have no truw idea about and were called out on it. When questioned about Ichiro you have now flip flopped.

LOL

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I've never changed my position you numbut.

I said from the beginning that I hadn't seen every at bat, so I couldn't comment on whether or not he was given the benefit of the doubt by any scorer.

What I CAN comment on is specific instances of questionable 'hits' during Dimaggio's streak that were given to him. Those are DOCUMENTED, any discrepencies in Ichirio's season is not.

So, now that you've had your ass handed to you AGAIN, will you ever shut your damn mouth?

• Options
    Nope, you are avoiding the obvious Hole. How can you comment on Dimaggio? Were you there? Well documented? says who? some nitwit like yourself? And YES Ichiro surly had a few hits that COULD have been called errors. Were thet done intentionaly? who knows or cares. The point of the matter is You constantly spew crap on things you have no idea about..............

And that is well documented too

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Ok WP I am done with you...I've showed you repeatedly my stance on Ichiro's record, and you feel the need to ignore it.

See you in the next thread sparky.
  • Options
    You betcha Hole, the moment you call someone a name or act like the doofus you are I'll be there.

cioa for now.

Steve

Like a lil child, you have no self control , after you said you was done with me you just had to PM me with my typo spelling of Ciao.

Saturday April 08, 2006 1:25 PM (NEW!)

Ok WP I am done with you...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Axtell
    Date Posted: Apr/08/2006 1:32 PM
    cioa for now.

haha

Good for you.
  • Options

I said from the beginning that I hadn't seen every at bat, so I couldn't comment on whether or not he was given the benefit of the doubt by any scorer.

Good try.

Steve
    Good for you.