Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Hot New Grading Service: NANC - no joke, is it new to everyone?

fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
i just noticed it, while watching a boatload of half eagles close.
does anyone know anything about it?

NANC good for you and me. image

NANC

NANC motto "(Serial numbers may differ but coin is same grade and quality)"

Comments

• Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    Clearly, it's Not A New Company.
  • Options
    Isnt that the dealer who advertises on this forum? Finest Known? Why would they carry a third world holder?
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭
    Never Heard Of Them.........

Did you score any GOLD?

TC71

• Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    DOH

i would never buy a NANC slabbed coin, they are too good for me.
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345

<< <i>Isnt that the dealer who advertises on this forum? Finest Known? Why would they carry a third world holder? >>

Finest known to NANC.
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    And yet, they still have a better looking label than the new ANACS...
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    They are proud to be a part of "the National Test Rollout"image-------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    What's next, NCNE??
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    They are one lucky grading service for a brand-new startup! There are 17 classic gold coins listed on ebay graded by them, and only one of them is lower than a MS64. How amazing that all those super high-end coins found their way to a new service!

That label looks very familiar, especially with the five-digit number in the lower right corner above the bar code. Isn't there another service using that same layout?

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options

<< <i>They are one lucky grading service for a brand-new startup! There are 17 classic gold coins listed on ebay graded by them, and only one of them is lower than a MS64. How amazing that all those super high-end coins found their way to a new service!

That label looks very familiar, especially with the five-digit number in the lower right corner above the bar code. Isn't there another service using that same layout? >>

NTC?
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Yes, NTC, that's it. Looking at photos of both slabs side by side, all I can say is they are eerily similar.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    PCGS should no longer sell them advertising space here, thye are just making their own "finest known" coinsimage----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FANC NANC......I wouldn't name my company after a chick named Nancy...... image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a huge fan of this company! You could call me a NANC boy! image
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    ttt
  • Options
    MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    What am I missing here? Wouldn't North American Numismatic Grading reduce to the acronym NANG? How do they get NANC out of that? Or have I just had too much turkey?image
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess James DeGeorgia wasn't selling enough top tiered coins for good money so he jumped on a new 3rd tier wagon. If he's behind the grading company, all that much easier.

They could have gone with Banc or Ranc as well.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    How do they get NANC? Company name was probably supposed to be Norrth American Numismatic Certification.
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Guess James DeGeorgia wasn't selling enough top tiered coins for good money so he jumped on a new 3rd tier wagon. If he's behind the grading company, all that much easier.

roadrunner >>

What a joke! The guy goes through all this trouble with a new slab and grading company but he still can't take close-up pictures of the coins he's selling! image

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Guess James DeGeorgia wasn't selling enough top tiered coins for good money so he jumped on a new 3rd tier wagon. If he's behind the grading company, all that much easier.

roadrunner >>

What a joke! The guy goes through all this trouble with a new slab and grading company but he still can't take close-up pictures of the coins he's selling! image

Leo >>

Obviously there must be a reason for that eh Leo?
  • Options
    3rd tier or 4th tier?
    You can't win an arguement with a crazy.

Parker
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>NANC >>

I'm impressed that the auction is still in eBay's database. Seems like someone at eBay bought a bunch of hard drives -- stuff never seems to fall out anymore.

Which is a Good Thing, of course.
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    LOL

The guy's profile says " I've been a collector, investor and dealer for over 37 years "
    That would mean he was an investor and dealer at 8 yrs old.

The guy's profile
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,547 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that if you scan that barcode under the reader down at the A&P it will come up with

"KUMQUATS 16 OZ. CAN $1.19"

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file