Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Grades in here too... but I got shafted.

cert date
08500584 1921 S$1 Peace, High Relief USA AU55
08500585 1812 50C USA VF20
08500586 Oregon 50C 1928 USA MS64
08500587 1949 50C USA MS62FL

I'm looking for the picture to post it, but that Franklin was a lock 64 with a shot at a 65. I cannot even begin to comprehend how PCGS could justify a 62!

I am happy my Oregon made it into a holder, though.

Comments

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    the Oregon is great news....

I also called that Frankie a lock ms64fbl, with a shot 5 holder due to outstanding gem luster...

I am baffled at that grade....

heh...

I'll gladly give you ms62 money for it!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    well..... my image does capture alot of hits on the Obverse... hmmm.... I remembered this one being cleaner in person.. the big hit in the left field probably really hurt the grade...

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    the bustie..

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    Maybe a lotta hits but that frankie has gotta get some props for that fantasmic strike!
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe a lotta hits but that frankie has gotta get some props for that fantasmic strike! >>

i think my image captures every single one... This coin looks much nicer in hand, it truely has strong luster as if it were minted just yesterday...
    and the strike is strong but typical of a 49 Frankie...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    I agree, but think 63FBL would have been a better call. At least they did recognize the FBL, as the breaks were from the local hits not strike deficiency. I bet the coin looks really nice in hand.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    The obverse die break on that 1812 half is awesome!! image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    1928 Oregon is alot harder to find than people think. Nice looking ones that is. I have a 1928 PCGS MS66 (Rattler First Gen) And I would not part with that coin. I like the old holder. anyhow... loooks like some nice coins congrats image
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Consider yourself lucky! If I would have submitted it it would have come back AU58!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    <<Consider yourself lucky! If I would have submitted it it would have come back AU58!!

-------------------------
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!>>

I don't want to hear that!

• Options
    mtnmanmtnman Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    In today's climate, if you didn't get any BB's you've had a good day.
  • Options
    All things considered I guess you positive outlook folks are right. I though my Oregon was gonna get bagged for sure and it's coming back in a holder. I bought the Peace dollar as an XF and it's coming back as AU. The Franklin is surprising to me, but I guess I can't complain.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file