Home Sports Talk
Options

congress selig and roids?

kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
who thinks selig is about to open pandora's box... that might actually come back and bite him in the a ss?

the more stuff congress finds doesnt this all have to come back to the main person? BUD SELIG? he is the commishinor(spelling) that let all this happen? i hope they throw him in the fire after all this!

Comments

• Options
    jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    Only if they perform a seance and bring back Judge Landis or some other dead commisioner. Some people believe that Selig has long suffered from the a problem that bonds now has due to his steroid abuse.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Nothing is going to happen to Selig, as most team owners didn't even know it was going on.

Hold the players and the managers who knew what was happening to the fire - they were the ones seeing first hand what was going on, and knew what was going on.

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    "most team owners didn't even know it was going on." ... That is simply an ignorant statement. You actually believe that these owners are handing out the millins they are in the dark?
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    There is not a single chance on earth that ANY owner in baseball did not know what was going on. It is extremely ignorant or naive to think otherwise. Also, this investigation is an absolute joke. The guy they have heading it has so many ties to baseball, the owners, ESPN, etc that it will be tough for a fair and true investigation.

Another thing I am shocked about is guys like Dave Stewart and Tori Hunter playing the race card and saying this all has to do with color. I dont know about anyone else, but since day one that is the last thing that entered my mind when dealing with the steroid issue. Whether it is Bonds, or McGwire, Sosa, Palmiero, Giambi, Sheffield, or whoever, they are cheaters, liars, and guys who placed themselves in front of the game and its integrity. Never did race cross my mind, as I am certain is the same for many others. These idiots crying race are just looking for another excuse to take the blame off the cheats.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I see it nothing more as a witchhunt for Selig to try and save some face.