Home Sports Talk
Options

isiah thomas

I can't think of a worse gm in the world. He was a terrible coach who barely got a talented pacer squad into the playoffs. I laughed for days when bird fired him. I laughed when Karl Malone hammered him with an elbow. smug little man. He makes terrible trades and he has finished the knicks for years to come. i love watching the knicks get kicked around.

Comments

• Options

<< <i>I can't think of a worse gm in the world. He was a terrible coach who barely got a talented pacer squad into the playoffs. I laughed for days when bird fired him. I laughed when Karl Malone hammered him with an elbow. smug little man. He makes terrible trades and he has finished the knicks for years to come. i love watching the knicks get kicked around. >>

you have issues
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    He may have issues, but he's right - Isiah Thomas is a punk. And, he's a terrible basketball executive who has ruined the Knicks for the next decade with one horrible trade / signing after another. I'd say he needs to go, but as I hate the Knicks - I would hope he stays there forever.
  • Options
    Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio has done great riffs on Isiah. If you have ESPN Insider, take a listen to his show archive.

Brent

Colin Cowherd Archive
    Collecting:
    Bo Jackson Basic(#1) and Master(#1)
    Bob Feller Basic(#4)
    Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
    2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>He may have issues, but he's right - Isiah Thomas is a punk. And, he's a terrible basketball executive who has ruined the Knicks for the next decade with one horrible trade / signing after another. I'd say he needs to go, but as I hate the Knicks - I would hope he stays there forever. >>

Isiah is a terrible, terrible GM. The Marbury trade has doomed the Knicks for years to come. And yes, I have heard Cowherd's takes on Isiah, and although Zeke is a local legend I can't argue with Colin's logic.

However, it's worth pointing out that it doesn't hurt to get lucky sometimes when you're a GM. As Joe Dumars pointed out, he didn't want to trade Grant Hill, and took Ben Wallace as a consolation prize. We all know how that turned out. He also tried to get Iverson and Webber, but couldn't land either of them (for which Pistons fans are eternally grateful). If everything had gone exactly the way Joe D had planned the Pistons would probably be languishing in the 5 seed position right about now.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Lets not forget the great job Isiah did over in the CBA - forcing the entire league into Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.
  • Options

Besides being a TOTAL disaster as a GM. there is just something I never liked about the guy even as a player. I just can't put my finger on it. He just does not seem sincere, something like A-Rod.

His sorry A should be fired as a GM.