Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Need help with hockey

Ok gentleman, here is what I know. This is a 1971 Finast Hockey sticker sheet. I believe it is also known as Sargent. This scan only shows the front, there are 9 more on back. This is sealed mint in the original celophane. I only scaned this one side because I have it on a backing board and the important one, Orr, is shown. The ripples are from the celophane, not the sheet. I have another sheet sealed, and an album with Orr on the cover too. I've had this for about 15 years now, and was wondering if anyone could put some sort of value on it. And do you know if any of the grading companies would grade an item like this? The reason I am asking is because I have been debating on grading and or selling this recently. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Looking for Carl Willey items.

Comments

• phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭
    I can't help you with pricing, but I just wanted to say that it's interesting those are the same pictures used on the Dad's Cookies cards from the previous year.
  • Ted

You have a sheet from 1970-71 Eddie Sargent. It is a 224 player set and was printed in the USA.
    There were subsequent sets released in 71-72 and 72-73.

The 70-71 set is deemed the most valuable in the Charlton catalogue of Hockey Cards.
    The set is listed at $700 canadian and the Orr is listed at $100 in near mint condition. Other notables include Howe at $75 and Bobby Hull at $35.00. They also have the album listed at $85. How close these prices are to true market value is anyones guess.

I am unaware as to whether or not PSA will grade these. However, they do grade 1970-71 Esso Power Players which were also released in sheets and would therefore have to be separated by hand prior to grading. They were also of similar size to the Sargents.

Let me know if you require additional prices or info on the set.

Hope this helps

Rob...
    Collecting PSA Vintage Hockey
  • Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    robstar

Thank you so much for all the information! I don't think I could bring myself to open and cut them! image

I think I will leave them as is for now. Thanks again!
    Looking for Carl Willey items.