Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Grades finally popped on a Feb Special Submission incl. a GAI crossover

I sent in a submission of five cards for the February Special ('60-71 10 business day turnaround @8.00 each). Took them 4 extra business days from time logged into system (March 11th). Will PSA give me any concessions on them? Anyway, grades were interesting:

1 31536213 1966 TOPPS 86 VIC HADFIELD N/A 9 Was a GAI 9
2 31536214 1963 PARKHURST 29 BOOM BOOM GEOFFRION N/A 6
3 31536215 1970 O-PEE-CHEE 59 TIM HORTON N/A 4
4 31536216 1962 TOPPS 398 DON DRYSDALE ALL STAR 7
5 31536217 1971 TOPPS 503 GATES BROWN N/A 8

Date Received: 03/11/2006
Date of Grades Posted: 03/30/2006
Date Shipped: 03/30/2006

Overall, I think I'm getting better with eyeing my cards for submission. The Hadfield is the first 9, but that set has very few submissions on it. The Boom Boom I picked up raw on Ebay in '99 and the card was sharp edge and corner wise, but had some discoloration on the borders--I'm figuring that is what knocked the grade down. The Horton I can't figure, unless there was a wrinkle or the rough cut was actually damage. The Drysdale was bought raw on Ebay with 8 other '62's for $9 and change and I felt at the time of purchase from the scan that it had a shot at a 7 or 8. The Gates Brown was my first successful '71 from Ebay not to come back recolored.

I was very concerned with the Hadfield after cracking it that it might come back trimmed as it did have a rough cut on the top. Guess my fears were unnecessary. I have a few more GAI 9's (newer cards) that I bought cheap with the intention on crossing and now I can't wait to cross those.
Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)

Comments

• Very nice! I have a few early BGS 9 Hockey that clearly are NOT sheet cuts that you just modivated me to try !!!
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • Nice results.

Did you crack the GAI card and submit it raw, or did you use "Crossover" service?
    Collecting Vintage Baseball.
    My ebay listings
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Nice results.

Did you crack the GAI card and submit it raw, or did you use "Crossover" service? >>

LOL!

Friends don't let friends waste money on the crossover service.
  • I cracked it. I was afraid if I sent it in in the GAI holder it would come back with a lower grade.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)