Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

How accurate are the pop reports?

I would like to know what everyone thinks about pop report accuracy. The issue is when a card is graded then broken out and regraded the pop report is not updated. This is a bad thing for low pop cards as a friend of mine stated that 1/2 of the PSA 7's of a low pop card where his attempts to get an 8 which he did. I am going to say they are accurate up to 80% meaning that on average 80% of the cards in PSA 7, 8 or 9 have been submitted more than once and show up in the pops multiple time. Anyone care to take a guess on how accurate you think the pop reports are?
Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set

Comments

• Options
    I would say they are accurate for about 98% of all cards.

Chris
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    I would agree that its close to the high 90's. Other than those of us active here I doubt that there are many people that keep cracking and resubmitting. And most that do, tend to send in the labels so they can have the pop report updated. Now how fast PSA does that I dont know. But they seem to add newly graded cards to the pop report in a timely manner from what I can tell.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I think the lower the pop the card has the more inaccurate the report is. If a card is worth tons more in a 8 versus a 7 dealers will re-submit until it economically doesn't make sense. That can be 20 to 30 times on some cards. I have not heard of one person I know that has sent the cert back with the card as they don't want PSA to know any previous grades.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    I think it depends on what set you are talking about. I know for a fact that the 1971 topps Greatest moments set is over populated by 150 cards. I have just returned 50 or so to them and I know other collectors have many as well.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Shane.......you wouldnt happen to have an extra Munson from the 71 Greatest Moments would you ?
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would agree that its close to the high 90's. Other than those of us active here I doubt that there are many people that keep cracking and resubmitting. And most that do, tend to send in the labels so they can have the pop report updated. Now how fast PSA does that I dont know. But they seem to add newly graded cards to the pop report in a timely manner from what I can tell. >>

I think alot more crack an re-submit then you think. I also think these people DO NOT tend to send the lables back in.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have not heard of one person I know that has sent the cert back with the card as they don't want PSA to know any previous grades. >>

I've sent flips back before but, you're right, I don't send them back on the same order as the cards I cracked. That would be stupid. I save them in a little box and mail them back occasionally. As for the reports getting updated when you send them back, they do it almost instantly, it's within a few days.