Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone know the answer?

I have two non-factory issued auto'd cards I would like to send in to be authenticated and slabbed with no grade. The auto's I believe are real but the cards have been re-colored on the edges in a few spots. My whole purpose in sending them in would be to have them authenticated and slabbed not graded. I pulled this from the sub center:

<< <i>Grading and Authenticating Service
Please keep in mind that an autographed card submitted under the autograph authentication combination service must pass both autograph authentication and card grading authentication in order to be encapsulated. For example, a card that is deemed altered in any way will not be encapsulated even though the autograph may be genuine. In addition, if the card is deemed original and unaltered yet the autograph does not pass inspection, then the card may not be encapsulated. There may be very rare exceptions to the rule on a case by case basis (in cases where the autograph and card are deemed authentic but the card has been altered in some fashion). In a rare case where an authentic card has been altered, PSA may choose to label the card “Authentic” since the card cannot have a grade assigned. Keep in mind that this is a rare occurrence and PSA must feel that the encapsulation is warranted and justified. The final determination, as to whether a card is encapsulated under these conditions, is at PSA’s sole discretion >>

This explaination in the sub center tells me" maybe we will slab them or maybe we wont" . "Please send us your money first then we will tell you when you get your cards sent back to you in the cardsavers we received them in".

So my question is has anyone ever submitted any cards such as these for the same service? I already called customer service twice and I got the same guy both times. He has no clue and I dont want to be out $40.00 plus shipping to get nothing in return.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they'll authenticate/slab them for you.

The cards I make aren't licensed or anything and they slab mine with no questions. I've sent an e-mail to my contact at DNA regarding this question among many others on here as well as what I've received from a number of people through e-mail.

I feel like I work for PSA.. image
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Matt,

Within minutes of sending my e-mail I received a call..

Your cards if not licensed will be slabbed and authenticated in the blue holder no questions asked 100% for sure.. this will apply with the cards I make as well.

The red holders will still be used for anything signed that's licensed by the NHL, NBA.. whatever... I'll post the other answers to many questions when I get back from the hockey game in the appropriate threads.

- Garret
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Garret. Thank you for the legwork . I really appreciate it! The cards are licensed. One is a'99 Leaf rookies and Stars and the other is a '94 Pro Line Live. That being said,will they still be encapsulted even though the edges were touched up?Another question I have is, if they slab them will there be any qualifiers even though they wont be graded?

Thanks again
  • Options
    Yes they will. Apparently with the same 'ol red labeled slab.

Wick

Enjoy collecting vintage baseball cards, memorabilia and autos