Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Favorite uniforms???

I like the late '70s color of the Astros and Padres & Giants and the classic look of the Tigers home whites. If I were outfitting my team, it would be the latter, but I enjoy the colorful poly-knits that color-TV ushered in as well. They have their place. My all-time favorite is actually the late 70's White Sox collared shirts--often called the ugliest baseball uni's ever.

dgf

Comments

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    OAKLAND..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    The Blackhawks "Barber Pole" uniform or the 80's Edmonton Oiler blue uniforms.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I am not biased. I absolutley love the Cardinals home uniforms. They are the classiest of any in sports. I even like the early vintage uniforms from the 40's and 50's.

Shane

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I agree with the Cardinals. I at one time had around 20 authentic shirt logos and the Cardinals was far and away the best one. The thickness of it blew all the others away. These were home logos on jersey material.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Baseball, I gotta go with the late 60's early 70's Cardinals as well as the Cubs pinstripes of the same era. Hockey, the Blackhawks of any era. Basketball, the 76'ers and Pacers of the 1970's. image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Have to choose three.

• Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    I don't know.. this was is one of my newest favorites...

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options
    Any late 70's White Sox (Yes, including the collars and shorts)
    Astros Rainbows
    80's White Sox home (stripes accross the middle)
    Pittsburgh all gold, all black or combo
    Oakland gold
    Indians red home

The list is endless, but most of the late 70's early 80's were baseballs most colorful years. Even the brown Padres was a classic....
  • Options
    Onefast,
    That's hilarious.
    Fanatic,
    You & me both.
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Baseball from the late 70's to early 80's was great.....A's, Astros, Pirates....also the Cardinals, Brooklyn Dodgers, and classic Yankee pinstripes. Hockey had some great ones, I always liked the Blackhawks, old Minnesota North Stars, Colorado Rockies. In football the Steelers, and basketball I always dug the old NJ Nets ( Dr. J made them look great ! )
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    This is not a major team, but I saw these once and thought it was one of the coolest, the Anchorage Aces of the West Coast Hockey League, not sure if they are still around?

Stingray
  • Options
    SoutherncardsSoutherncards Posts: 1,384 ✭✭
    Nothing beats Yankee pinstripes...but this uniform ain't bad either!

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    This Cowboys uni was always my favorite.

• Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    Red Wings Home, Raiders Home, 1982 Mariners
  • Options
    Hands down, the Detroit Red Wings home jersey-- an absolute classic.
  • Options

<< <i>Hands down, the Detroit Red Wings home jersey-- an absolute classic. >>

Could not agree more! Number two, Detroit Tigers home whites and number three, Green Bay Packers Home in green!
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Chargers' 1960's powder blues image

Steve
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    1985 KC Royals....

ahhh those were the days.

honestly, it seems like ever since derek thomas was killed in the that car accident, kansas city has been cursed!

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭
    '85 Royals, all right!!

Anyone have fond memories for the baby blue uniforms a few teams had in the '80s? Cards, Twins, Braves, Phillies, anyone else?

Can't beat the old time hockey. (Thanks to Knucks for showing the Winnipeg Jets. Their old rink was just demolished. I saw some good games there.) When the all-green Hartford Whalers played the all-gold L.A. Kings it looked like a zucchini vs. squash intrasquad game!
  • Options
    The Cubs used to sport a powder blue on occasion, but they appeared a little drab as opposed to the others.....
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
  • Options
    Nice GU DeRosa turn back the clock jersey. I gotta want to one day sit down and learn how to post pics......
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Thanks. Picked it up last year. I'm impressed you knew it was a DeRosa jersey. He played quarterback at my alma mater.

I really like the Braves '70s threads.
  • Options
    A lot of the early 70's Braves jerseys were burned in a fire. You can even pick some up with soot and smoke damage and they still bring a nice price when available. I really got into jerseys for a while (when you could still pick up some nice styles for dirt cheap because people were only interested in each current years jerseys when teams or vendors would release them), and must have three closets full still after consigning a bunch to Mastros and selling some flannels on Ebay. I still have some rare literature on jerseys and styles, patches, and numbers, would diligently read anything from Dick Dobbins, and used to read what was up with Dave Medima and Murph Denny. I thought it was great to pick up some great stuff if you did some simple homework.........
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Milwalkee Braves 50s uniforms.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Dodger's jersey with "Los Angeles" on the front. CLASSIC!
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    FAVORITE CLASSICS:

Brooklyn Dodgers home white
    Montreal Canadiens home white

UGLIEST OF ALL TIME

Vancouver Canucks Brown "V" Sweater
    Cleveland Indians All Red Uniforms
    Giants and Orioles orange jerseys of thd 1970s

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing beats Yankee pinstripes...but this uniform ain't bad either!

I would have to agree with SC. Can't beat it!