Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anybody know anything about these?

Does anybody know how these cards are listed in the SCD catelog? I can't find anything about them. Help would be appreciated. I have about 10 of these cards including Ruth Gehrig Mays, etc.

Shane

Comments

• Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

Is there supposed to be a scan here? I don't see any cards.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoops!!

Here is the link.

Link

Shane

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're listed as "1979 Metallic Creations Signature Miniatures". I have the 2005 Standard Catalog, where the set is on page 234.

Steve
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a bunch. Dang, these things are worth a little money. I have the Babe Ruth (bv $45), Lou Gehrig ($30), Ty Cobb ($25), Willie Mays ($25), Hank Aaron ($25), Honus Wagner ($20), Walter Johnson ($15), along with Mel Ott, Ralph Kiner, Tris Speaker, Rogers Hornsby, and Christy Mathewson ($20). That's 12 of the 20 cards, and the set books for $300. What is so interesting is that they have been in my garage for over 3 years from a collection that I bought. I found them mixed in with a bunch of worthless mid 80's large Donruss cards. I doubt they would even bring close to book, but, hey, I thought it was neat that they booked that high, when I thought they were worthless.

What do y'all think, sell individually on Ebay, or one lot as a partial set? How much are they going to bring? $20 for the whole lot, maybe?

Shane