Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Remedial shipping to Canada question

I should know the answer, but I rarely have had to deal with this. Normally, I ship Ebay items to Canada via regular air mail, and have never had a problem with the item arriving safely (I usually have dealt with Ebayers with high feedback as well). Now, I am shipping a slightly more expensive item to Canada, to an Ebayer with low feedback. What is the best, most economical way to ship something to Canada and be protected by PayPal's policy? In other words, delivery confirmation is not available here - so what's the Canadian mail equivalent? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What is the best, most economical way to ship something to Canada and be protected by PayPal's policy? >>

unfortunately, by not shipping to Canada..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    You will have to ship it registered mail. Insurance is also included in the price. The registered mail price starts at $7.90 which is the price just for the service. Tag on the weight of the package via regular airmail (is it a slab in a bubble mailer?). I've never had a problem shipping it this way to Canada for my expensive graded items. For 1 slabbed card with cardboard padding in a large (6 X 10) bubble mailer will cost me about $9.30. You are allowed to use Bubble Mailers for registered mail for International mail. You can't use bubble mailers for domestic registered mail. You will be protected because the registration # is trackable. Also remember to use the Gum Tape....the one that looks like a paper bag tape to cover the bubble mailer flap, and a green custom's form must also be used.
  • Options

<< <i><< What is the best, most economical way to ship something to Canada and be protected by PayPal's policy? >> >>

I do air mail registered, but the insurance is a $44. max. Pack it well, and you will know that it got there for $8.76. Mailing Services (Show Dimensions) Estimated
    Delivery Time* Price
    Global Express Guaranteed® Document Service
    See Service Guide Before Mailing 2 - 3 Days $25.25
    Global Express Guaranteed® Non-Document Service
    See Service Guide Before Mailing 2 - 3 Days Calculate
    Global Express Mail™ (EMS) 3 - 5 Days $16.25
    Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (Large) 4 - 6 Days $7.50
    Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (Small) 4 - 6 Days $4.25
    Global Priority Mail - Variable Weight (Single) 4 - 6 Days $6.25
    Airmail Letter Post 4 - 7 Days $0.63
    Economy (Surface) Letter Post
    (Rate for pieces 16 ounces or less) 4 - 6 Weeks $2.8
    Extra Services Price† Your Cost
    Registered Mail™
    * Amount of Insurance: $
    (up to $44.86) From $8.00
    Your Total (includes Airmail Letter Post for $0.76) $0.76
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Thanks very much - I appreciate the info and responses!