Home Sports Talk
Options

NCAA Basketball Pool Question

I know, this isn't exactly a bad spot to be in - I have UCLA winning it all in my pool at work. Here's the deal. If UCLA beats LSU, I win it all (~$300) no matter what happens in the finals. If LSU wins, I get nothing.

I'm going to a wedding on Saturday and won't be able to watch the game. I'm thinking of hedging by placing a moneyline bet on LSU ($135 to win $100). That way, I come out of the tourney a winner no matter what.

Am I a wuss? What would you do? Do you have a favorite reputable online site you would use to place the hedge?
POTD = 09/03/2003

Comments

• Options
    I'm in the same boat - if UCLA beats LSU I get either 2nd to 4th place (depending on what Florida does) in the Georgia Tech bracket contest since 90+% of the people have Duke vs UConn for their finals.

How confident are you of UCLA? I think the game is a coin-flip, and it opened a pk, but it has been bet to LSU -2 despite roughly 50% of the bets on UCLA. If it were me, I think "hedging" $135 on the LSU ML would be appropriate. You still win more if UCLA wins, but no matter what you make some $$

• Options

<< <i>How confident are you of UCLA? >>

Not extremely confident; LSU scares me with their athleticism. I'll probably hedge. Thanks for the opinion, and good luck with UCLA . . .

POTD = 09/03/2003
  • Options
    LWMMLWMM Posts: 471

<< <i>

<< <i>How confident are you of UCLA? >>

Not extremely confident; LSU scares me with their athleticism. >>

Yep, big baby sure can run!
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com