Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Looking to trade for Munsons

I need 76 and 77 in PSA 8 to complete my basic set - If you have any to trade, I'll trade from my ebay store at equal SMR value. Thanks, here's the link -

Nickel City Cards

Comments

• Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Same 2 I need for my Thurman set.....guess I know who I will be bidding against on ebay image
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    The 76 has been all over the place - a badly centered 8 just went for $11 from DSL while a beautiful 8 from bbcex brought $46...
  • Options
    Yeah I had both of them on watch. I actually wasnt home for the one that ended at $46 otherwise I probably would have gone higher than that, the card was SWEET.

Are you working on the master set as well ?

Brian
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    I was (and had some nice cards, my master gpa was actually much higher), but decided to focus on the smaller basic set as I'm also doing the Mattingly Basic/Master and slowly working on a Mantle Basic as well. I'd also like to see a Yankee Captains set on the registry - you can probably tell who I root for.image

Josh
  • Options
    Yep, didnt take long to figure that one out ! Im still working on the Thurman master if you have anything you are looking to gt rid of. I am also working on the Mattingly master, Guidry basic & master, Nettles, Torre, and in raw form Mantle, Whitey Ford, as well as trying to complete every Yankees card ( at least post war for for now)
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    I'm looking for a '76 Munson in PSA 9. I've started a Yankees retired number set. I was going to do Yankee captains, but I decided that I like the Yankee retired numbers better. Smaller group but it captures the greats from the '40s and '50s as well. I tried to get it on the set registry, but it hasn't made it. Doesn't matter to me, I can collect it just the same.

Yankees Retired Numbers
  • Options
    tkd7....how did Jackie Robinson get on that list of retired Yankee numbers ???
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    awesome idea tkd, I may have to do something similar...

Brian I too collect all raw post war Yankees, but try to stick to Topps to avoid driving myself crazy...

• Options
    Which set is yours on the Munson registry ? Mine is " Thurman Munson, catcher, captain " on the basic & master registry
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    I'm a couple of spots behind you on the basic - Josh's Munson Basic Set... I need to upgrade my 73 and 71, though I feel like my 71 is the nicest 5 in existence...
  • Options
    I feel the same way about the 6 I have in 71.......I wanna upgrade but its a sweet 6. I had a 7 and an 8 but sold them when I sold off my 71 set a couple of yrs back. I have a couple of raw 73's which I would part with, but I would say they are 7's or very weak 8's so its probably not worth it for you when you can pick an 8 up for fairly cheap. The cards I really want to get my hands on are the 71 greatest moments and 74 deckle. I know they are going to set me back some nice coin if one even turns up.

If you have or need any other raw yankee cards we should talk, Im sure we each have something the other needs.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>tkd7....how did Jackie Robinson get on that list of retired Yankee numbers ??? >>

Here is the list of Yankee retired numbers from the Yankees website. Jackie Robinson was retired across baseball. I'm sure that Rivera's 42 will join him.
  • Options
    I forgot about Jackie Robinson # being retired throughout baseball, that threw me. Besides Mariano's 42 you can be sure Jeters #2 will be retired.

Did you guys get the May issue of SMR ? Mine came today, there is a feature on Munson.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Yeah, I got mine a few days ago - the Munson article is pretty cool...

Once I actually get my yankees collection a little more organized (first I need to get rid of everything else) I'm sure we can work out a few trades, I have a bunch of doubles and some obscure stuff (if that exists) from the 70s/80s...
  • Options
    I just got my SMR today as well, haven't looked through it though.

I also received in my mail a card I bought off ebay a week ago.

Definitely a fan favorite for Yankees fans. I just picked up a '93 SP Jeter as well, so I'm set for when they retire his number.