Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Did Unklbnz finally go the way of Jimmy Hoffa?

He's been real quiet for the last two months or so, and I'm wondering if too many people caught on to his act (forcing him to change ID's) or if he just slithered under a rock somewhere and hasn't been heard from. Anyone have the scoop?

Comments

• Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Which one was he again? Was he one of Burge's crew, Moser's crew, or a whole new scumbag all together? I seem to remember him being linked to Burge, but I can't remember (too early in the day for me).
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Which one was he again? Was he one of Burge's crew, Moser's crew, or a whole new scumbag all together? I seem to remember him being linked to Burge, but I can't remember (too early in the day for me). >>

I 'think' Burge's crew, but don't quote me on that. Anyone else remember?
  • Options
    So he is a re-color, trimmer and counterfeit artist?
  • Options
    Trust me, he's still around. He buys cards under the username iluvtherooks, and then grades and resells them under the username guachos4life. Unklbnz, guachos4life, and iluvtherooks all share the same e-mail address. I know this because I have purchased from all three in the past. In fact, he has claimed non-receipt of two items that he bought from me in the past year (I had to go through the post office refund process to get my money back after issuing him a refund). I have never had an item that I purchased or sold get lost in the mail....until his two items were "lost". If there is a possibility that he does trim, recolor, or sub-bump cards, then there is also the possibility that he engages in mail fraud. I will always question whether or not he pocketed the cards I sent him, and then pretended to receive nothing so that he could get his money back. If you ever sell to him be sure to use delivery confirmation.
  • Options
    probably partnered with the others.

Ever wonder who sells the rejected cards? I know these guys have IDs that sells only raw (that didn't passed the grading) or partnered with somebody who does.

OhioBobcat3,
    One the well-known trimmers bought 2 expensive raw cards from me long time ago. That ID is already NARU'd (don't know if cancelled or kicked off) but I found out from this board he partnered with another (1 ID sells graded and the other ID sells the rejected and not good enough to be graded raw --- meaning creased or dented cards -- I hinting it's a 3-way partnership). They used to have similar auction layout but now they changed and these guys don't use those 3rd party imagehosting. They use only ebay. Anyway, this person did not insured the cards when I offered. I was wondering why this buyer never insured items worth around $900. So I mailed it with signature confirmation. Well after more than 2 weeks he emailed me and asked me if I sent the items. Luckily I put signature confirmations purchased in a box. I looked for it and emailed him the usps linked that he received and signed the packaged. Never heard from him again. The buyer ID he used also NARU'd. They often create new IDs for buying. I don't know if unklbnz is also a partner. they have similar scan of cards. These guys also claim to use 3rd party insurance. I wonder if they pocket the insurance money. I heard these guys pack well with tracking if you paid insurance and if you don't buy insurance they don't pack the card well.

RIP Snow