Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Impulse BIN - Mexican 2 Reales

I've always liked the early Mexican pieces (try putting together a date set of any of the denominations, I dare ya!).

The vast majority I see are low-to-mid grade, and virtually all are cleaned. This one looks VERY attractive and original, and a very sharp strike! At least AU, possibly UNC in my opinion. Another type that takes an order of magnitude jump from XF to UNC.

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great example and I agree with your comments. These are tough if original and attractive as this one...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Here's another one (1 Real, 1825) that I'm waiting for... also looks original.

imageimage
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    Oh yeah, that would fit right into my Mexican set, oh yeah!
    Shep
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Very pretty!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    Nice coins. I have been dabbling in Mexican coins as a sideline to my major coin collecting interests and would be very happy to add either of those to my collection!

Good job!

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...