Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Anybody else having trouble finding tape for registered mail?

If you have submitted to PCGS recently, you probably know that the USPS now requires paper, pre-moistened type tape for packages sent via registered mail, rather than the self-adhering packing tape that was OK about 3 months ago. I still have about 1/3 of a roll left from a purchase made about 8 years ago. None of the office supply chains, nor USPS & PCGS offer the required tape for sale, but I am able to order some from a packaging supply company thru my business. Problem is, I have to order 6-8 rolls - which would last longer than I will!
If anybody is in need of this type of tape, and would want to split an order, let me know, and I can get it to you at my cost. If we get 4 or more folks together, it could make it worthwhile....PM me if interested.
Chuck
Don't you know that it's worth
every treasure on Earth
to be young at heart?
And as rich as you are,
it's much better by far,
to be young at heart!

Comments

• Options
    Double check office depot if you have one. I got a roll from there not to long ago
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    Double check office depot if you have one. I got a roll from there not to long ago image

Yup, my local Office Depot has it also.
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭✭
    www.mcmastercarr.com
  • Options
    My Post Office gives me the tape for free to use, she cuts it to fit where it needs to go and all I have to do is lick and stickimage
    I LOVE PROOF SEATED LIBERTY COINS AND ALL BETTER DATE SEATED LIBERTY COINS
  • Options
    RNCHSNRNCHSN Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    My post office lets me tape it there with their supplies.

I just returned from there and the teller said she knew nothing about any changes in the required tape.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I just go to my local packing store. They have a whole warehouse of boxes and an isle of gum tape.
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it is a change to the postal regulations. As far as I know, they have never let you use self adhesive tape-at least nowhere I've ever mailed registered packages from.
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com