Home PSA Set Registry Forum

I cant believe this Guidry

Ok, so I had this card on watch all week, apparently so did many others.....I cant believe it went for this much !

77Guidry
"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
-- Yogi Berra

Comments

• mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Only six PSA 9s, none higher. It is one of the toughest Yankees from the 1977 Topps set, in terms of population. Just as tough as Jim Hunter. From a pure PSA Registry standpoint, there are at least five people working on 1977 Topps Yankee team sets in high-grade, not to mention a plethora of 1977 Topps set collectors. Tough card - with more than enough people 'needing' this upgrade, along with bankrolls to support it, for a huge price.

~ms
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    I hear ya on everything you said, I still think its nuts. There will be so many more to come. As of now there are roughly 26,000 77's graded, and more than double that of 78's, so one would have to believe there is alot more out there. I noticed 4SC having alot more 77's lately, maybe this is the start of a nice run.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

Nuts to you, sure. But for a bunch of those bidders, I'm sure that $250+ isn't a lot of scratch. Not to mention that there is a large part of the hobby that still believes grading anything from 1977 is probably silly, especially any minor stars. Given that you can still buy a 1977 Topps wax box for under $500 - I can make a lot of arguments. But that is why I spend my money elsewhere, duly noting that I spend silly money on a good deal of what I buy.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    can you get a 77 wax box for under $500?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

<< <i>can you get a 77 wax box for under $500? >>

I saw one recently sell on Ebay for just about that much.