Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What would you grade?51 Mick

What grade would I get on this.Has 2 print lines up/down.No Creases.Back of card is outstanding and centered.
Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)

Comments

• Options

Any chance you could get a pic of the back as well?
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a larger picture as well?

Shane

• Options
    Nice centering, that's all I can tell from the tiny sacn. Blow it up like a ...........image
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Hard to tell for sure from the limited picture, but I'd guess something in the 4 range, with a possible PD qualifier....
  • Options
    4-5 IMO
  • Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    I'd guess PSA 3-5 ... BVG 9.5 ... Possibly a BVG 10 !!! Go ahead and let BGSBrad submit it for ya and get the 10. Then let the shill bidding begin!

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Any chance you could get a pic of the back as well?

I Tried to make it larger however it keeps telling me the file is too large.I guess from seeing all the scans on the board there is a certain way to do it.I am not much of a computer whiz but I am learning even at the tender age of 57.

Tony Any chance you could get a pic of the back as well?
  • Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd guess PSA 3-5 ... BVG 9.5 ... Possibly a BVG 10 !!! Go ahead and let BGSBrad submit it for ya and get the 10. Then let the shill bidding begin! >>

TIME TO GROW UP, DON'T YOU THINK??? chaz
  • Options
    Here is the back and a larger scan. PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME HOW I DID IT??????
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I think regardless of what it grades, it's worth putting in a holder.

1. It guarantees authenticity
    2. Should provide assurance that it is not altered / restored
    3. The card won't ever get any worse

Mick cards in any condition are still collectible. You have one of his finest cards and in any condition that is a very desirable card.

As for the picture, you can try scanning at a lower resolution (150 dpi usually suffices) and crop everything else around the card leaving only a small "border" around it so you can be sure to see all the corners/edges etc. If worse comes to worse..scan it that way and email it to me, I'll throw it on my photobucket site for you and link to it.

-Josh
  • Options

<< <i>I think regardless of what it grades, it's worth putting in a holder.

1. It guarantees authenticity
    2. Should provide assurance that it is not altered / restored
    3. The card won't ever get any worse

Mick cards in any condition are still collectible. You have one of his finest cards and in any condition that is a very desirable card.

As for the picture, you can try scanning at a lower resolution (150 dpi usually suffices) and crop everything else around the card leaving only a small "border" around it so you can be sure to see all the corners/edges etc. If worse comes to worse..scan it that way and email it to me, I'll throw it on my photobucket site for you and link to it.

-Josh >>

Thanks Josh I think I got it now.See my links.
  • Options
    One of these days I am going to figure this computer stuff out.You All please be patient with this old goat.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Josh, I'd have it slabbed even if it went through the washing machine.
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this will help but I enlarged the images. It's a little pixelated but you can get an idea as to the condition.

• Options
    OverratedOverrated Posts: 454 ✭✭
    Nice card, I think it get a psa 5 still very cool card!
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Probably PSA 3 or 4.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    why not a 6 PD? Am I missing a crease or wrinkle? Centering is great...Ive seen 6's with worse corner wear.

I am probably the minority but I love the wax stain. Shows this is a card that came out of the pack and is authentic.

I also like 50s rough cut cards..they dont bother me in the least.
  • Options
    williplettwilliplett Posts: 471 ✭✭
    I would think a solid 4, however you might get a grader that is a little easy on the vintage stuff and get a 5.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your resposes.
    I will send it in.I bought it 20 yrs ago from a seller from Ohio named Steve Clark at a Detroit area show.Did lots of shows in Michigan and Ohio area is anyone out there familair with this guy.Had great raw stuff before the era of Professional grading came about.I bought lots of stuff from him in the mid 80s.

Tony