Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

52 topps mantle

I am thinking about selling my 52 mantle psa 7, any ideas would help? not sure about auction houses, ebay, dealer, etc any help I would appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Could you post a scan here? I would say go to a major auction house.
  • Options
    williplettwilliplett Posts: 471 ✭✭
    I would lean towards the major auctions houses too, assuming their prices aren't too outrageous. A scan would be nice. But, I am guessing you don't just ahve it laying around the house.
  • Options
    OverratedOverrated Posts: 454 ✭✭
    My scan is 68 KB and I don't know how to make it smaller so I can attach it. Can anyone help?
  • Options
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    try www.imageshack.us and copy paste the link. good luck with the card!
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    who do auction houses know that anyone here or anyone on ebay doesn't? Start flashing it around and stick an email addy with it. Why
    pay some big shots to get all the glory and big cut. You have the card and you have the resources. Go get the money!

JS
  • Options
    thanks my wife will try monday!
  • Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    auction house, unless you are an established powerseller on Ebay.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    My wife is going to put or try to put the pics up monday ,I like the advice I am getting and very thankful for it. your right I should flash it around ! and see how I do? the last psa 7 I saw sold was december sold for 41 grand! smr is 23 grand? I no this is way undervalued ? hope to find serious buyer, my card is very strong 7. again thanks for advice this board is the greatest!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Normally, I would agree with JS - go get the money yourself. But, in this case, due to all the Mantle scams out there - you almost have to use a big auction house to guarantee you get top dollar for this card. This means giving them a nice cut, of course - but I think you'll make that much extra by listing it through one of them - enough to offset their vig.
  • Options

<< <i>But, in this case, due to all the Mantle scams out there - you almost have to use a big auction house to guarantee you get top dollar for this card. This means giving them a nice cut, of course - but I think you'll make that much extra by listing it through one of them - enough to offset their vig. >>

I agree with CT.
    You can't be too impulsive selling it, and you could NEVER be too cautious !!!
    Can't wait to see the scan.

TC
    For the love of the game
    And the cards that go with it
  • Options
    Ebay with escrow offered.
    Scott

T206's are always being bought.

aloof1003@comcast.net
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    I have sold 3 on ebay over the past few years, the highest being a 6. That being said,(although mine did fairly well) for a 7 I would go with the auction house too. When it is all said and done their cut isnt much worse than ebays, and you will definately get more credibility.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Send the scan to me johnbouffard@sbcglobal.net and I will put it up for you.

John
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    look into huggins and scott auctions. very strong prices realized on vintage cards esp. 1952s. seems to be the best bet.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    For a card like that - you can probably also negotiate 0% commission, which will make an auction house a good venue.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Probably an auction house although I would shop it a little here first. There are enough powerbrokers on this board that someone might have an interest.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Not that I can afford it, but how much does the 52 Mantle go for??Does it sell over Smr ??

• Options
    Jackstraw thank you! board jackstraw offered to post scans for me cant wait for board to see! please review let me no what you think?
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Seems like an auction house would be best but many seem to have problems reaching customers with catalogues and getting their internet bidding up.

An ebay based auction house like Legacy is also and option. Probably the best situation would be to try to play one auction house off the other.
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Absolutely Mastro or REA. I "stole" mine on EBAY for $19K because no one else bid on it. The bigger fish all use the auction houses to buy high end stuff.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Can we see the pic?

I agree, go with an auction house.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    On a card like that REA, Mastro, Drent at Mile High, Goodwin or Memory Lane would all probably get similar prices. If you want the money sooner rather than later i would shoot Levi@707sportscards.com an email he is desperate for more 1952 Mantles right now and it is a card he has been known to pay big money for.
  • Options
    PIC?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Steve , Jackstraw offered to put up pics, sent scans just waiting? hope he can do it?
  • Options
    TZAHLTZAHL Posts: 649 ✭✭
    I've got a 1986 Topps Razor Shines in PSA 3 OC....trade anyone?
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
    2003 Topps Heritage chrome and seat relics
    2006 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2007 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2008 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2006 Topps Heritage and Topps Chrome football
  • Options
    TZAHLTZAHL Posts: 649 ✭✭
    Oh, and I would probably start drooling if a pic of the Mantle were to be posted!!!! Do it do it!
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
    2003 Topps Heritage chrome and seat relics
    2006 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2007 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2008 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2006 Topps Heritage and Topps Chrome football
  • Options
    Jackstraw could you please post pics I sent you?
  • Options
    TTT

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    Help? can somebody post pics for me ? lousey computer!
  • Options
    email it to me I will do it right now. I am online for awhile

TowerRat@Gmail.com
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    WP why you so anxious to get pictures posted? Damn man calm down before you have another seizure.

• Options
    I guess someone promised to post his pic and has yet to follow up. I would be excited about posting pics of my 52 mantle PSA 7
  • Options
    Allen, just sent pics to doof he said he will post! thanks.
  • Options

<< <i>Help? can somebody post pics for me ? lousey computer! >>

Here you go:

Have a good day and good luck.

• Options
    williplettwilliplett Posts: 471 ✭✭
    Very nice card!! Best of luck with selling it. You should get a pretty penny for it.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Guys, sorry I was at work all day yesterday. I actually never received a scan of it to my email? It looks nice overrated! I would go with an aucion house after you offer it up here first. You might get what your looking for and you will minus all the fees>Plus I would scan it so its not tilted, with the lid of the scanner opened so it has a black background. I fixed it up a little so its not so blurry.

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Crack and resubmit, that looks like an 8 ! lol image

• Options
    Very nice indeed. You should do well with that example!

Axhole, go back to the cesspool sports forum where you belong. I will slap you around over there. No need to ruin this thread like you ruin all others. MUTT

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Thank you guys for the scans, hope to find interest, I very thankful for all the advice, this board is #1.
  • Options
    That is one nice card! Whoever ends up with it will have a jewel of a card.
  • Options
    Sweet card, makes me wish I had bought that rather than paying for college. I would not mind working at McDonalds if I knew that card was waiting at home for me lol.
  • Options
    Allen, thanks I am still laughing!
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭

Be still my heart...

Any estimates on what this would go for if someone were to make an offer here??

hh
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭

<< <i>Sweet card, makes me wish I had bought that rather than paying for college. I would not mind working at McDonalds if I knew that card was waiting at home for me lol. >>

Allen, funny thoughts! I was just trying to figure out what I could sell/hawk/pawn off to raise cash for something sweet like this. Sell a first-born, sell the car, sell the rest of my collection(?!)... They all crossed my mind!

• Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Great centering on that one!
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Nice card. What does a 7 sell for?
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    It is just me, or does the top left corner appear slightly rounded ??

Perhaps just the scan, scanner, scanee, or whatever, but the other 3 front corners look good. Dont mean to diminish anything about a PSA 7 Topps Mantle, which is a fantastic card, just wonder if anyone other than me noticed the corner's dullness in the picture.

image:
    This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options
    I thought that corner was the reason it was a 7. So, yes, I noticed it too.

Still a beautiful example.

Thanks for posting it.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Christensen thanks for scan! beleave I just sold my card thanks everyone for all the help!!!!!!!!!!!