Home Metal Detecting
Options

This place is dead:(

gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
I always like reading about each individuals(sp) find's.The weather is about right.
Whats up?

Comments

• Options
    In general, I don't post much here because there's no place for storing pictures. I typically post on the Treasure Depot, which is a very active MDing forum and much simpler to use re: pics of finds.
    "A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes"--Hugh Downs
  • Options
    CariconCaricon Posts: 819 ✭✭
    Has still been cold here, snowed a couple of days ago here in Ohio. I hear by the end of the week it's going to be
    in the 60's. Maybe I can get out a little then. Winter has a way of keeping people inside image
  • Options
    I wish I could post something. The weather has been tough in Wisconsin. I'm in Pella, IA this week and hopefully the weather is nice enough here so that I can do some digging.
    I went out last weekend in north eastern WI and it was colder than heck. I went to IA the following Sunday and was hit with a snow storm. I will post as soon as I find something nice.
  • Options
    Things'll start picking up once detecting weather improves for us northeners.
    I agree with the second poster that the pic prodedure here is a bit of a PITA.
    JJ
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In general, I don't post much here because there's no place for storing pictures. >>

Huh? I have 13.49 MB of pictures here!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    You can host pics here.
  • Options
    I don't think he was referring to the hosting of pics but rather the procedure one must go through ie upload/paste in link/filename, which isn't all that bad once one gets used to it.
    The very small file size limitations is more of a pain to me than the actual procedure.
    JJ
  • Options
    goossengoossen Posts: 492 ✭✭

<< <i>The very small file size limitations is more of a pain to me than the actual procedure. >>

My coins with pictures: http://www.paraguaycoins.com/
  • Options
    I have almost 100 pictures stored on the web space that comes included with my internet service. I thought all internet service providers included web space. I could be wrong.

<< The very small file size limitations (are) more of a pain to me than the actual procedure. >>

Even if you’re pics are stored somewhere else, you still want to make the file size as small as possible.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I also agree,and wish they would do something about itimage
    Al
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I'm just grateful for the hosting as it is. And these forums. If they improved it, that would be great, but I've got no reason for complaint, personally. My ISP only gives 10 MB free space, and I never even learned how to use that.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< The very small file size limitations (are) more of a pain to me than the actual procedure. >>

Even if you’re pics are stored somewhere else, you still want to make the file size as small as possible. >>

Well, I agree with file size limitations, and the reasons for this policy that all forums have is obvious.
    However, 50kb is far smaller than the norm I have seen from other forums, typically 100 to 250 kb.
    It is at times difficult if not impossible to reduce a pic so much, depending of course on the original size and resolution.
    JJ
  • Options
    The 50KB does no good if you would like the group to grade it.You have to
    use an outside host,and that is a pain....But
    things are picking up hereimage

Al
  • Options
    Well I will be going to the Hilton Head area in a couple of weeks..dont know how much i will get out but its always fun to hit the beaches there..when I get time ..3 kids that want to play at the Grande Ocean pool all day..lol...wish I could shoot down to Savannah and find some places there to hit..
    putting together a MS 60 and up Morgan set....60% complete...otlher 40% probably take the rest of the decade!
  • Options

<< <i>I always like reading about each individuals(sp) find's.The weather is about right.
    Whats up? >>

Work is what's up for me. This time of year is very busy at work, which leaves me to night hunting usually. It's not quite warm enough to go at night, right at the moment. image
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage