Home Sports Talk

More Barry bashing.....

As the season is only days away from opening I thought some last minute venting on Barry, his cheating, and his pursuit of the record might be in order.

So get it ALL off your chest.......How do you REALLY feel about Barry?

I'll begin .........image

Bonds S*cks for what he's done.
He is a COMPLETE Jerk-Off.

It is a fu**ing shame that Hank Aaron may lose his record to this cheating as*hole.
Regardless of "who else is doing it" or "hasn't done it", Barry HAS done it and I'm glad they are closing in on him.
I hope he gets indicted for perjury and cannot use his celebrity to escape the consequences.

I hope the boos shower down on him loud enough to destroy even his monumental ego and crush his self-confidence.

If not I hope he never sees another pitch over the plate....EVER.

Maybe, if we are lucky, the absence of "roids" will allow his knee to give out completely and he can hobble off into his own little sunset.

He can keep his tainted records to date if they can't strip him of them, but from this point forward not even an asterisk would suffice. It just shouldn't count....period

Sorry to any of you Bonds fans out there (NOT), tough sh*t if you can't handle the truth

imageimageimageimageimageimage

(*Triple Crown composes himself*)

Whew !!! that felt good to get that out !!!

For the love of the game
And the cards that go with it

Comments

• DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Glad you feel better 3-man. I concur. He is a disgrace to the game, however you cut it.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    geez, the barry-hating is getting old.. and i dont even like the guy..

i'm gonna start rooting for him though, just because of all the haters..
    ·p_A·
  • mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    I'm sitting on a butt load of his cards, so I have to root for him.
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    I hope he smacks 80 home runs this year.. just bc they are testing now? screw the haters.. im not a fan of bonds at all.. but for MLB to pin all this on a select few is BS! blame selig for turning a blind eye to all this in the 90's!
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    blame selig for turning a blind eye to all this in the 90's!

I agree

SD
    Good for you.
  • Sorry guys,
    NO support for Barry allowed here image

This is a VENTING thread for all those who still believe in ethics, not semantics!!! image

Blame Selig all you want, but the past is just that.....the past

But it doesn't mean that the future of the game can't be cleaned up, starting with Bonds, Palmeiro, or anyone else who's been caught in the act.

True lovers of the game don't have to have "long ball" as the "big" attraction, we love the game for all of it's facets. Baseball survived long before drug cheaters, and the TRUE homerun hitters will emerge again and earn their respect using their "natural" talents.

Peace, TC

For the love of the game
  • aknowaknow Posts: 115
    Personal opinion: He should be banned from baseball, and if not that, his records should be expunged from the books.
    Or,..... Make a separate category "Records before steroids" and Records After Steroids.
    Mr. Bonds will be extremely sorry he pumped those poisons into his body in about 3 or 4 decades, if he lasts that long.
    dr. Steve
    aknow

Looking for uncirculated Indian Heads and PRS electric guitars
  • yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>geez, the barry-hating is getting old.. and i dont even like the guy..

i'm gonna start rooting for him though, just because of all the haters.. >>

I agree. He's a product of his times. If he manages to pass all his tests in this new get-tough-Uncle Sam-is-watching era, then let 'im swing away.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say screw the cheater and ALL the rest of them. If some of you feel "enlightened" in some backwards way because of all of the Bonds bashing then so be it. That impresses me LESS than a big ol stain a turd leaves on the bowl on its way down image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

Its sad really. The CHEATING Barry Bonds and the rest of the steroid fraternity are doing will affect TONS more games than any games Pete Rose bet on. Yet Bud Selig remains a pu$$$y regarding steroids and is the big bad HARD A$$ with Rose. So stupid man ....

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• << <i>Or,..... Make a separate category "Records before steroids" and Records After Steroids. >>

Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry nice idea !!! image

I like it image

TC
    For the love of the game

<< <i> Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry nice idea !!! image

I like it image

TC >>

Except that idea SCREWS all of the real players of this era. NOT a good idea ....

What might work is to strike ALL of the personal records from those who are proven to have cheated. Sure there will be many that slip by but this will make these guys think a million times about what they are injecting into themselves. THAT with a REAL testing policy with TEETH is the answer IMO.

• << <i>Except that idea SCREWS all of the real players of this era. NOT a good idea ....

What might work is to strike ALL of the personal records from those who are proven to have cheated. Sure there will be many that slip by but this will make these guys think a million times about what they are injecting into themselves. THAT with a REAL testing policy with TEETH is the answer IMO.
    >>

Wow!!!, even better ideaimage

Hats off to you softparade !!

TC

For the love of the game
  • Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    I think he's a racist a-hole. A product of the rich, spoiled generation. Personally, I think it's just a great example of what goes around, comes around. He's been a sh*t to everyone his entire career to get to where he's at and now he's paying the price. If he can be stopped from tainting the sport any further, I'm all for it.

On the flipside, I am not a proponent of erasing records, using asterisks, withdrawing awards, or any form of massaging the data to suit ones needs either. For better or for worse, the numbers should stay as they are. Also, unless Bonds is officially banned from baseball and is kept off the HOF ballot, he should be a first ballot inductee as well. As much as it would pain me to see his arrogant ass on the podium for his acceptance speech, I don't believe in keeping a player waiting just for the sake of waiting. Either he deserves in, or he doesn't.

• << <i>I don't believe in keeping a player waiting just for the sake of waiting. Either he deserves in, or he doesn't. >>

And Pete Rose ?image

Where I disagree with you is that if they can pinpoint a specific date with Bonds or anyone else (with evidence, not speculation or hearsay), then records beyond that should be eliminated. And if this is proven, then HOF induction is out of the question. It may be tough on the current batch of "cheaters", but it will send young players a solid message that they could jeopardize their entire career, Hall shot and all !!!

(I just think of all the hard playing, class players that have to share the stage with a**holes like Barry Bonds)
    For the love of the game
  • Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't believe in keeping a player waiting just for the sake of waiting. Either he deserves in, or he doesn't. >>

And Pete Rose ?image
    >>

Pete Rose is not on the ballot, is he?
  • You can certainly take away the records, ban him from the game, prevent him from HOF election and completely ruin the rest of his minimal reputation, but you can't take away one cent of all the JACK he has earned up to this point. That's really the bottom line, why do I do "the clear" and fish oils - because I want to earn mad lute. I think he cares about the record, but from what the news is reporting, he wanted the press coverage that McGwire and Sosa got back in 98. Then he signed for a ridiculous amount of money. There is no way to take away any of the money he has earned, but if that were even remotely a possibility, do you think he would have done it?
  • DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    I agree with Brian 48. And I also agree that you can't strip him of his due. He's just the poster boy for bad karma.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...