Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1985 Topps football registy guys

I am in need of a box bottom from that set for my James Lofton Master Set. Anyone have a box bottom they want to sell or know of a place I can get one?

Comments

• gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to get a Dan Marino box bottom if someone has one.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    I just sold my Marino last month. Wish I would have known you needed it. Are they on the same box?
  • I may have a Lofton and/or Marino bottom lying around. If I find either in decent condition I'll let you know. Do either of you need a 1986 DairyPak of the same players??
  • sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    The Marino and Lofton are on the same panel ...

Here is a current auction that may help you? Lot- 32 1985 1987 Topps Football Box Bottom Panel Cards ...

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    do all of the boxes have these on the bottom? i don't recall the wax i've opened to have them. are these gradeable as "hand cut"?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • LD, As far as I know, all of the regular 36 pack wax boxes from 1985 and 1987 Topps have a 4 card box bottom panel, with 4 different panels of 4 cards each (16 total single cards). Rack or cello boxes do not. The 1986 Topps wax boxes have a single team card (one each of the 4 1985 NFC and AFC Championship Game participants) located on the back (not bottom) panel of the box. After some false starts, I got PSA to grade my Walter Payton copies as hand cut. In general, due to the rougher treatment of the boxes, along with a variety of marking schemes, it is very tough to find any of these in near mint or better condition. I am quite pleased to have PSA 8 copies of the 1985 Payton and 1986 Bears Team as part of my Payton Master set, and am still stuck with a lousy PSA 6 (still highest grade to date) on the 1987 Payton.
    I could use a dairy pack. I have seen a few on ebay but nothing to my liking for condition. Send me a scan and we may be able to strike a deal. TAHNKS
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i have an 85 wax box that looks like the 81 wax boxes but it says 85. there are no cards on the bottom. i think it has joe ferguson or some other bills quarterback on the box itself. i then have an 85 wax box with marino on top, "X-out" box, and there are 4 cards on the bottom (montana, payton, stallworth, taylor).

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
    damn, I bid $23 and still lost that auction. Still looking for the Lofton if anyone can help
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    I am the king of getting Nolan Ryan box bottoms rejected from PSA? It has made me want to go to Newport Beach and explain to Joe that these microscopic cut lines don't need to be there for grading purposes! If you cut outside the lines you destroy the other 3 cards and thats seems to be the only way to get them in a holder! I don't see the big deal if they are cut inside the black line it just measures 2 7/16 x 3 7/16 instead?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
    Joe, were not all perfectionists here. Let the cards in.

I just want a lofton so I can go home.