Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Which is BEST.....Set Review vs Individual submissions for.....?

drddmdrddm Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone have any advice on which option (set review or sending a few coins in at a time) is best for trying to upgrade a few coins in a set through the regrade submission process?

I have some PQ coins in MS64 holders and I am looking to send them in for regrade but not sure if my best chance for a possible upgrade to MS65 would be to send in the entire set for PCGS review or sending 5 coins together in one submission.....any ideas?

Also, I'm sure this question has been asked before, but what is the best "strategy" for trying to upgrade a MS64 to MS65 coin when sending in several PCGS coins for regrade?

Should I:

A) Send in all MS64 coins (all from the same set) and put the PQ ones in with low end MS64's to highlight the PQ MS64's?

B) Send in the PQ MS64's with some MS65's to show that the MS64's are also of the same high quality as the MS65's?

C) Another method not listed above?

If you choose Choice C, please provide a detailed description on what you would do to get the BEST possible outcome?

Thanks for the advice,
drddm

Comments

• scherscher Posts: 924
    Send em all in at the same time..I have had some positive results this way..all at the same time..the whole and complete set.
    Bruce Scher