Home Sports Talk
Options

seahawks sign Nate Burleson To offer sheet.

Well there goes another good player.

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Looks like Williamson is the man there now!

JS
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Heard a pretty interesting caveat of the contract.

5 million of it is guaranteed, UNLESS he plays 5 games in the state of minnesota, then the entire 49 million becomes guaranteed. Seattle won't play 5 games there, so they won't have to guarantee that money, but if the Vikes match it, they have to guarantee the entire deal.

I guess there were similar clauses in the contract with Seattle's guard, so this was their way of getting back.
  • Options

<< <i>Heard a pretty interesting caveat of the contract.

5 million of it is guaranteed, UNLESS he plays 5 games in the state of minnesota, then the entire 49 million becomes guaranteed. Seattle won't play 5 games there, so they won't have to guarantee that money, but if the Vikes match it, they have to guarantee the entire deal.

I guess there were similar clauses in the contract with Seattle's guard, so this was their way of getting back. >>

I heard this also, and its the first time I have heard of anyone adding this clause. Watch for it to be become something that both sides look into since this is probably the start of a real "sticky" point for both sides.....
  • Options
    I suspect at some point the commissioner will step in and say these types of provisions aren't legal.

I remember the first time I heard something like this was in that movie 'late shift' which described the late night battle between Letterman and Leno and the 'Tonight Show'. CBS offered Dave a contract which was for hundreds of millions if they couldn't put him on at 11:30. Any contract which CBS offered him NBC had the option to match. Since Leno was already installed at 11:30, they would either have to move Leno or pay Letterman this outrageous sum of money. Brilliant contract ploy (Michael Eisner was his agent who brokered the deal).

• Options
    Vikes are going into the pot. Made one good move, getting rid of Tice...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    I can see the new coach and new owner wanting to put their stamp on the team, so they gutted everyone who was a name and was tied to the old regime.

Now, if they could only get Matt Millen out of Detroit, then the NFC north might be competitive again.